No announcement yet.

Ratio for losing body fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you eat salad you are eating carbs.
    Why are you worried about carbs eat primal and enjoy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by chima_p View Post
      This is soooo far out of context....

This is an acute reaction to increased FFA. Not a chronic lack of carbs. You go through this same insulin resistance Choco every morning when you wake up. Eat enough carbs and this resistance goes away because of the increase in insulin. Again it is acute resistance not chronic.

Lyle has an article on this as well. He needs too to defend his ketosis diet.
      It's not out of context at all. Give a low carber a carb-heavy meal out of nowhere. They usually get tired and complain about bloating and water retention. I don't have these issues. I've been eating yogurt and fruit for meals - near zero fat and 100+ carbohydrates in a sitting. If anything they make me feel better, more alert and less foggy than a more typical eggs-and-bacon breakfast.

Again, I never said it was a serious health concern. I'm merely pointing out that a low carbohydrate diet is a disadvantage versus a balanced approach. A mixed diet where fat, protein and carbohydrate are all included in ample supply is going to steamroll a restrictive diet in the overwhelming majority of cases.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
        It's not out of context at all. Give a low carber a carb-heavy meal out of nowhere. They usually get tired and complain about bloating and water retention. I don't have these issues. I've been eating yogurt and fruit for meals - near zero fat and 100+ carbohydrates in a sitting. If anything they make me feel better, more alert and less foggy than a more typical eggs-and-bacon breakfast.

Again, I never said it was a serious health concern. I'm merely pointing out that a low carbohydrate diet is a disadvantage versus a balanced approach. A mixed diet where fat, protein and carbohydrate are all included in ample supply is going to steamroll a restrictive diet in the overwhelming majority of cases.
        That is an acute response. Also, so what. There are a hundred people on this forum who will respond that the opposite is true a d steak and eggs make them feel less foggy.

What do you mean disadvantage? I didn't know it was a contest.

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          It's not out of context at all. Give a low carber a carb-heavy meal out of nowhere. They usually get tired and complain about bloating and water retention. I don't have these issues.
          Most of the "bloating" complaints also include mention of eating foods they knew they were intolerant to. You avoid those foods. So it's a different situation.

I've been eating yogurt and fruit for meals - near zero fat and 100+ carbohydrates in a sitting. If anything they make me feel better, more alert and less foggy than a more typical eggs-and-bacon breakfast.
          The fact that you are able to consume a zero fat diet that is purely carbs has no bearing on what other people can tolerate or enjoy.

I'm still not seeing how any of your n=1 can be applied to anyone but you with any reliability to make the judgment about others.

Comment

• FWIW, I have experimented with some of choco's claims, and have adopted a lot of things into my own. I've been much better off since.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
              FWIW, I have experimented with some of choco's claims, and have adopted a lot of things into my own. I've been much better off since.
              I don't doubt you. I've attempted to try some of his practices, and they didn't work for me at all.

Comment

• Um, eat some carbs?

Comment

Feeling the best you can is how you win the contest.
                  Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

That is an acute response. Also, so what. There are a hundred people on this forum who will respond that the opposite is true a d steak and eggs make them feel less foggy.
                    Because they're often insulin resistant. Steak and eggs are fantastic foods with nutrient density that is tough to beat. But the overwhelming majority of us will function best on a balanced diet, not a macro-restricted diet.

Originally posted by chima_p View Post
                    Every aspect of life is a competition from the relationship to your friends, your significant other, your coworkers and especially your health. Lose the competition and you lose your job, your spouse, your friends and in this case, maybe your life. Some people are fine just sliding by, others want to be extraordinary.
                    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
                      Feeling the best you can is how you win the contest.
                      Sweet! Ribeye and salad for the win tonight then.

lol, and if you can't make your case logically or back it with peer reviewed evidence be sure to "win the competition" with some drivel that appeals to emotion
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-12-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        Most of the "bloating" complaints also include mention of eating foods they knew they were intolerant to. You avoid those foods. So it's a different situation.
                        Intolerant to what? I've seen countless threads about "carbohydrate intolerance" and it makes my brain hurt. It is water retention, glycogen repletion and insulin resistance. People are used to being depleted, partially dehydrated and insulin resistant, so the sudden overnight change can be unpleasant. They retain water, their muscles swell and sometimes "ache" and they fall asleep from an inability to efficiently oxidize glucose.

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        The fact that you are able to consume a zero fat diet that is purely carbs has no bearing on what other people can tolerate or enjoy.
                        I eat a zero fat diet? That's news to me. The half gallon of whole milk I just bought, 4 lbs of shredded coconut in my closet, the 7 lb container of palm shortening I just bought, 3 dozen eggs in my fridge and the entire kitchen drawer full of chocolate better not contain any fat...

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        I'm still not seeing how any of your n=1 can be applied to anyone but you with any reliability to make the judgment about others.
                        I believe the term "n=1" is largely a cop out. I've seen how people "try" things for the most part. They give a half-effort and get terrified when the slightest constant changes. I can't tell you how many people fail to lose weight because they starve themselves into a metabolic shutdown but won't reverse-diet long enough to fix it because the weight gain terrifies them and they start starving themselves again. I can't tell you how many people won't give honest exercise a shot because it's too hard, or they're too busy, or they're too tired. I can't tell you how many people blame their genetics for everything when virtually everyone on this planet has the ability to become relatively strong and lean. "N=1" is an excuse. For every difference we have, we have 100 similarities because we're the exact same species. Most people don't know what works for them because they've never really tried, so they're stuck in a never-ending cycle of mediocrity.

That's what my n=1 has taught me.
                        Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 08-12-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Being a young fit white guy, I am sure you are well qualified to comment on other peoples weight loss experiences, all of us mediocre people. Must be lonely up there on that horse.
                          "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Comment

• Check your white male privilege choco, smash the patriarchy!!!!!!!
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgerfaced View Post
                              Being a young fit white guy, I am sure you are well qualified to comment on other peoples weight loss experiences, all of us mediocre people. Must be lonely up there on that horse.
                              What exactly are you talking about? Exactly where did I put myself up on a high horse? I'm telling it like it is. I'm not going to make excuses for anyone, and if you're a slacker I'll say it right to your face. What exactly does being "young" and "white" have to do with anything? Some of the most out of shape, overweight people I've seen are "young" and "white."

Everyone on this website has the capability to reach their goals. Stop making excuses. If you have a goal, REACH FOR IT. Don't sit there and whine about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                Check your white male privilege choco smash the patriarchy
                                Just you wait to see the reply one of my overweight maids will write on my behalf.

Comment

Working...
                                X