Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to repair the body from excess polyunsaturated fat intake and free radi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post

    Don't fool yourselves into thinking free range organic means a thing. You have to know what they are eating.
    Best to buy your neighbor's chicken...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
      I avoid it like the plague.
      I don't eat chicken, pork or eggs at all.
      Why not eggs?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Zach View Post
        Depends on the person and their metabolism. If you are liberating fats all week and then have a calorie heavy meal loaded in PUFA then the body will most likely store that fat. The key is to slowly rid your body of PUFA by slowly reducing bodyfat and cycling out poly in favor of saturated/mono.
        Sorry if this is a silly question-- can one 'liberate fats' with other means besides exercising?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by girlhk View Post
          Sorry if this is a silly question-- can one 'liberate fats' with other means besides exercising?
          Low insulin levels will liberate some fats for you.

          Comment


          • #20
            Just as some are fond of pointing out that fructose from a piece of fruit is not HFCS.
            And some high(ER) carb paleos like to point out that a sweet potato=/=a twinkie.

            I think it is important to distinguish your PUFA sources and not become PUFA-phobes.

            I come down somewhere in the middle. Zero seed oils in my diet. I don't eat poultry or pork but will make an exception for wild game birds and wild boar. All my other meat is 100% GF from a place where I can actually meet my meat. I do eat eggs (sometimes a lot, sometimes none) but they are all from free roaming chickens (plus I get duck and quail eggs, yumm).

            I think the silly part starts when people say that perfectly natural whole foods like avocados and wild caught salmon are deadly PUFA attacks on a plate.

            Just like a sweet potato is not a twinkie and an orange is not HFCS, an avocado is not industrial seed oil.

            Comment


            • #21
              Its interesting to note that studies of ancestral diets indicate a fairly high consumption of PUFAs with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (compared with 10:1 today). This opening quote of S. Boyd Eaton's from the Department of Anthropology and Radiology at Emory University is interesting. Note their studies indicate ancestral diets of the first modern-behaviorally humans in East Africa broke down along the following lines: 35% of dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein.

              "Awareness of the ancestral human diet might advance traditional nutrition science. The human genome has hardly changed since the emergence of behaviorally-modern humans in East Africa 100–50 X 10 (3) years ago; genetically, man remains adapted for the foods consumed then. The best available estimates suggest that those ancestors obtained about 35% of their dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein. Saturated fats contributed approximately 7.5% total energy and harmful trans-fatty acids contributed negligible amounts. Polyunsaturated fat intake was high, with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (v. 10:1 today). Cholesterol consumption was substantial, perhaps 480 mg/d. Carbohydrate came from uncultivated fruits and vegetables, approximately 50% energy intake as compared with the present level of 16% energy intake from fruits and vegetables for Americans. High fruit and vegetable intake and minimal grain and dairy consumption made ancestral diets base-yielding, unlike today’s acid-producing pattern. Honey comprised 2–3% energy intake as compared with the 15% added sugars contribute currently. Fibre consumption was high, perhaps 100 g/d, but phytate content was minimal. Vitamin, mineral and (probably) phytochemical intake was typically 1.5 to eight times that of today except for that of Na, generally <1000 mg/d, i.e. much less than that of K. The field of nutrition science suffers from the absence of a unifying hypothesis on which to build a dietary strategy for prevention; there is no Kuhnian paradigm, which some researchers believe to be a prerequisite for progress in any scientific discipline. An understanding of human evolutionary experience and its relevance to contemporary nutritional requirements may address this critical deficiency."

              Here's a link to the full white paper if your interested - http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf
              Last edited by canuck416; 08-05-2013, 02:32 PM.
              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

              Comment


              • #22
                this thread has been completely jacked... antioxidants are what frees the body from free radicals... coffee, tea, small red beans, kidney beans, blueberries, apples, carrots. tons of stuff
                Last edited by w0gwnth; 08-07-2013, 06:45 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  That's dumb. Just don't eat arsenic.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    That's dumb. Just don't eat arsenic.
                    Stop Making Sense! It annoys people!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Huh

                      Is the OP now brainwashed into equating PUFA with arsenic or was that linked in the wrong thread?

                      The answer is still eat primal.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        whoops wrong thread...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by w0gwnth View Post
                          this thread has been completely jacked... antioxidants are what frees the body from free radicals... coffee, tea, small red beans, kidney beans, blueberries, apples, carrots. tons of stuff
                          Huh?? Antioxidants are so 1990. Get up to date man.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                            Its interesting to note that studies of ancestral diets indicate a fairly high consumption of PUFAs with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (compared with 10:1 today). This opening quote of S. Boyd Eaton's from the Department of Anthropology and Radiology at Emory University is interesting. Note their studies indicate ancestral diets of the first modern-behaviorally humans in East Africa broke down along the following lines: 35% of dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein.

                            "Awareness of the ancestral human diet might advance traditional nutrition science. The human genome has hardly changed since the emergence of behaviorally-modern humans in East Africa 100–50 X 10 (3) years ago; genetically, man remains adapted for the foods consumed then. The best available estimates suggest that those ancestors obtained about 35% of their dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein. Saturated fats contributed approximately 7.5% total energy and harmful trans-fatty acids contributed negligible amounts. Polyunsaturated fat intake was high, with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (v. 10:1 today). Cholesterol consumption was substantial, perhaps 480 mg/d. Carbohydrate came from uncultivated fruits and vegetables, approximately 50% energy intake as compared with the present level of 16% energy intake from fruits and vegetables for Americans. High fruit and vegetable intake and minimal grain and dairy consumption made ancestral diets base-yielding, unlike today’s acid-producing pattern. Honey comprised 2–3% energy intake as compared with the 15% added sugars contribute currently. Fibre consumption was high, perhaps 100 g/d, but phytate content was minimal. Vitamin, mineral and (probably) phytochemical intake was typically 1.5 to eight times that of today except for that of Na, generally <1000 mg/d, i.e. much less than that of K. The field of nutrition science suffers from the absence of a unifying hypothesis on which to build a dietary strategy for prevention; there is no Kuhnian paradigm, which some researchers believe to be a prerequisite for progress in any scientific discipline. An understanding of human evolutionary experience and its relevance to contemporary nutritional requirements may address this critical deficiency."

                            Here's a link to the full white paper if your interested - http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf
                            Some people don't think we came from africa. And I wouldn't really bother listening to what people think we ate 50,000 and a hundred thousand years ago. I mean the exact ration, lol......

                            Also, isn't trans fat from meat or rather natural trans fat not really bad?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Oh and why not fast? I don't think many people at all fast. Go like 10 days or 7. Body eats all the crap inside itself and you can start new. But read about it on what you should eat after coming off a fast. Think fasting is a big key in all this stuff.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Dailytribal View Post
                                Some people don't think we came from africa. And I wouldn't really bother listening to what people think we ate 50,000 and a hundred thousand years ago. I mean the exact ration, lol......

                                Also, isn't trans fat from meat or rather natural trans fat not really bad?
                                Lol..I think you are confusing sat fats and trans fats.

                                Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X