Eggs Fried in Coconut Oil is AMAZING!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs Fried in Coconut Oil is AMAZING!

I've been eating the same thing for breakfast, every morning, for just about 4 months - 4 omega-3 eggs, 2 oz. cheese, and bacon or sausage on the side. It was AMAZING for the first few weeks but it got old quick. I actually don't much like frying eggs in bacon grease, it's too greasy for me. I tried cooking the eggs in butter instead and another few weeks of amazing ensued. I've now cut out the cheese (grr!) and moved onto coconut oil in place of the butter and I love breakfast again!

That's all for now. Just felt like communicating that to the group.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

I wouldn't think the flavors go together. I'll give it a try.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Comment

I don't like it at all lol. Bacon all the way!
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I'm with you...but I tend to like coconut flavor with almost anything, its the beach blood in me!
        Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
        Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Comment

I've been frying my eggs in coconut oil for awhile. I enjoy it, but I also enjoy chicken fat with eggs, bacon grease with eggs, butter with eggs...eggs with eggs.
          I just plain love eggs <3 Funny, I used to hate them when I was a kid.
          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

I cook my egg in a good dose of coconut oil and when it's done I put it on the plate and cover it with homemade guacamole, salsa and sometimes some black olives. Not hungry till dinner.

Comment

hahaha no such thing as too greasy!!

Comment

I made scrambled eggs this morning a little differently than usual; scrambled with whipping cream and some shredded cheddar in the egg (usually I wait and melt it on the cooked eggs) and cooked in a tbsp of coconut oil.

Hands down the best eggs I've ever had.

Comment

The heavy whipping cream and eggs sound good. So does the coconut oil, and the bacon.
                  Everything all sounds like real good I must be hungry

Comment

I also do not like coconut oil and eggs....I do butter but do love my chicken and burgers fried in coconut oil

Comment

I had to reply to this because I am new to Paleo/ Primal and tried cooking with coconut oil for the first time ever tonight. I found a recipe for spaghetti squash fritters -- basically cooked squash, 2 eggs, and that's it. OMG it is amazing. I cannot believe how delicious plain ol' SQUASH tastes. Beats the pants off olive oil! And tastes like it should be really bad for me... the opposite of "diet" food.

Comment

Originally posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
                        I had to reply to this because I am new to Paleo/ Primal and tried cooking with coconut oil for the first time ever tonight. I found a recipe for spaghetti squash fritters -- basically cooked squash, 2 eggs, and that's it. OMG it is amazing. I cannot believe how delicious plain ol' SQUASH tastes. Beats the pants off olive oil! And tastes like it should be really bad for me... the opposite of "diet" food.
                        Extra virgin olive oil has a REALLY specific taste that doesn't always go with everything. I tend to use it in sauces and salad dressings, or even to drizzle on top after cooking a dish. But these days, coconut oil and lard are my go-to cooking fats. They have a more amenable flavor to being added to a wide variety of dishes and if you want a crispy texture, they work MUCH better than olive oil EVER would.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                        X