Egg Allergies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Allergies

Well, I am just getting started with primal. I love eggs, but my daughter is allergic to them. Very allergic. So, while I don't mind making myself some for breakfast, I need some ideas for a nice primal breakfast for her.

Thanks for any ideas!

Have you tried different types of eggs? Like other animals besides chickens...

Other breakfasts could include-as far as protein sources go-meats, raw or organic dairy (if she can tolerate it), maybe a breakfast smoothie with a very high quality protein...
    sigpic
    In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

I also have an egg allergy. Most of the time I have a smoothie for breakfast.
      ~Blog~

Comment

would uncured bacon be a nice meat? what sources of high quality protein should i be looking at? i have thought about protein shakes for her, but most include soy protein, and egg whites...so obviously a no go. most protein bars have soy in them as well.

Comment

My son can't have eggs so he just gets whatever we eat just without eggs so most mornings that's either bacon or sausage and some veggies cooked in coconut oil or butter, and sometimes we have a coconut milk and strawberry smoothies he LOVES those. And sometimes we give him fruit or cheese to go with his breakfast. But most the time just meat and veggies.
          My blog - About me, my family, and my hobbies!

*Please ignore my horrible typing and grammar I am usually typing it all on my very uncooperative phone*

Comment

I've noticed this problem with eggs too, and it's the yolk that gets me; egg whits alone and I havent any problems
            Apparently duck eggs can sometimes be tolerated so i might give them a try.

Comment

Amber, none of the sources I recommend include soy. I'd never advocate that for an adult, let alone a child. In my eyes, soy is a danger. We could probably consume motor oil if we processed it as much as soy too!

Jay Robb's protein is a great choice IMO.
              sigpic
              In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo Butterfly Boy View Post
                I've noticed this problem with eggs too, and it's the yolk that gets me; egg whits alone and I havent any problems
                Apparently duck eggs can sometimes be tolerated so i might give them a try.
                What heppens when you eat the yolks? I ask b/c I get major digestive issues and heck, if youre trying duck eggs and it works out... I wanna know!!! I would KILL for some runny yolks in my life. Sigh.
                Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I'm suspicious that I might have an egg allergy. If I eat too many at once I tend to get very nauseous. Could that indicate an egg allergy?

Comment

People tend to scarf eggs down within a couple of minutes, hence why it's one of the biggest allergies around. I would say drop it for 2 weeks, re-introduce it at a low volume and chew slowly.

Drink your food and chew your water.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EGYnutrition View Post
                      People tend to scarf eggs down within a couple of minutes, hence why it's one of the biggest allergies around. I would say drop it for 2 weeks, re-introduce it at a low volume and chew slowly.

Drink your food and chew your water.
                      I dont think that would have anything to do with any sort of REAL allergic response. Read: immune-mediated. Are you talking about digestive upset or actual allergies here?
                      Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I don't mean an IgE response, which could result in death, I mean an IgA/IgG/IgM response that causes digestives upset, leaky gut, cellulite, ect...
                        sigpic

Comment

I've never heard that allergies are related to how fast you wolf your food down.
                          Last edited by avocado; 05-03-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

The most helpful thing is to reframe breakfast as simply: a meal. It's just another meal. One that doesn't require special 'time of day' foods, just......foods.

Whatever you all eat for lunch and dinner would be excellent!

My daughter outgrew her egg allergy at around 5......ugh - that was a hard one. Really hard for awhile. I learned to think of breakfast as another opportunity for beef, fish, chicken, bison etc......

We did - and still do - Natural Factors Whey Factors.
                            Stirfy
                            Meat(all kinds), greens(all kinds), sweet potato sometimes (or winter squash)

I found that our days went the best when I made larger dinners, then had leftovers for breakfast the next am....with some fresh salad or fresh veggies/fruit in addition to the leftovers.

The benefit? I have two of the most flexible eaters around: they'll eat kale and collards without batting an eye

Since she's missing out on the choline and phospholipids of the eggs, be sure she's getting those nutrients elsewhere. (ETA: 'elsewhere' pretty much means bone marrow....)

It's also very possible that D deficiency plays a role in the etiology of allergies......be sure she's got optimal serum levels of D. There is an easy hometest available through ZRT labs. They sell it directly to consumer, or the test can be ordered from the vitamindcouncil.org or as part of a 5 year study at grassrootshealth.net

All the best,
                            Katherine
                            Last edited by cillakat; 10-11-2010, 11:19 AM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I don't mean an IgE response, which could result in death, I mean an IgA/IgG/IgM response that causes digestives upset, leaky gut, cellulite, ect...
                              but that isnt an allergy, that is a sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X