Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I tried eating like 400 calories in cane juice candy and now I have heart burn. Suggestions?
    Yes, don't do it again

Comment

• My daughter is almost 28 months old. She has a lot of separation anxiety, and it seems to have gotten clingier recently. We co-sleep and have only spend one night away from each other since she was born.
      Oh, well, seems that it is one of those brain development phases then. With night peeing, it helped me to figure out when she did the deed and take her before that happens (normally about 1 am).
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        Chest hair is attractive though.

Can always wax it. Take a few shots for the pain before.
        Yes, so sexy. Back hair, wax that fer shur. But chest hair, no. I'm a bikini waxer by trade, trust me. It looks weird when it grows back. You could get bumps. It wouldn't feel good for your lady/ladies. I think most women can deal with chest hair just fine, some among us even go wild for it...deep v neck tshirt, I'm drooling. But back hair is always a no. Fellas eating gelatin may wanna double check your backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
          Gelatin is so awesome.

I just did the math on it as a protein supplement. I used to take the Jay Robb protein for about 1.95 per 25 grams of protein serving. The Great Lakes gelatin I just ordered cost me around 1.10 per 25 grams of protein and is probably a million times healthier for me plus it has so many other great effects.
          I just wanna throw this out for anyone reading who may even find that both of those options are cost prohibitive- chicken feet broth is straight up gelatin. You can't turn it into powder form but you could easily add some warmed broth (unseasoned) to milk and juice, obviously make soup. Chicken feet are like $2 a bag at the Asian/Mexican markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
            I just wanna throw this out for anyone reading who may even find that both of those options are cost prohibitive- chicken feet broth is straight up gelatin. You can't turn it into powder form but you could easily add some warmed broth (unseasoned) to milk and juice, obviously make soup. Chicken feet are like $2 a bag at the Asian/Mexican markets.

Also, Azure Standard sells it in bulk for nearly half the price of Great Lakes...

Azure Standard

Bulk
            Beef Gelatin 100%, Unflavored
            1 lb. - $8.60
            5 lbs. - $36.30 ($7.26 per pound)
            50 lbs. - $323.15 ($6.46 per pound)
            PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
              Also, Azure Standard sells it in bulk for nearly half the price of Great Lakes...

Azure Standard

Bulk
              Beef Gelatin 100%, Unflavored
              1 lb. - $8.60
              5 lbs. - $36.30 ($7.26 per pound)
              50 lbs. - $323.15 ($6.46 per pound)
              Thanks for this, i never thought to look for a good alternative. I think i will give this brand a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                You can eat meat as much as you want, just eat gelatin to balance the aminos. Also, Peat protein is high, if not higher than majority of diets I've seen.

Take away = lots of fruit, lots of protein, low PUFA, good calcium to phosphorus, sugar is good, dairy is good. That's the basics, tweak accordingly.
                Thank you!

Comment

• Just wanted to share - so I am doing that FAST metabolism'ish macro split, and folks, it repeates itself week after week: I drop or hold the weight on the days without fat, either the tropical fruit+ grain (1/2 cup dry) + NF dairy/NF proteins day or the standard paleo w/o fruit (leans and greens) days. But over the three day the fat is added (basically standard paleo with tubers) I gain the weight back. So, it is the fat. Duh. Oh, I eat quark in all 3 phases, so it is not the dairy.

I now soak my grains in lime juice+whey from making quark and that, plus, doggedly eating grains 2x a day, 2 days in a row in a week fixed digestion problems I had in the beginning.

This week, I will try to cut the fat back (nut butter) and replace nuts with beans in those 3 days when fat is allowed, basically going the:

Peat + buckwheat/millet - 2 days
                  Lean Keto - 2 days
                  Hyman's blood sugar diet (or Ferris with berries, lol)- 3 days
                  Last edited by Leida; 09-11-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Ugh, i was listening to my uncle talk to someone about that Fast Metabolism book. The entire premise on why it works makes no sense at all and the whole thing just sounds plain ridiculous. I could barely keep my mouth shut when he said "making your metabolism guess what its eating that day will speed it up".

Comment

• Leida, how is the Fast Metabolism Diet working for you?

My journal

Comment

• Went about a lb a week down for 3 weeks, then started eating more than prescribed during the last Phase 3, and started regaining (2 lbs, back to 135 lbs from 132.5 lbs). I like the rotation though. If it allows me to not exclude any foods I love, I'd be game. I think for me, the separation of fat and starch/carb is the trick, and the way that split is structured, it's doable, but I have to do something about those 3 days - or simply only have 1 day when I can have both fruit and fat.

So, maybe:

Peat + buckwheat/millet - 2 days
                        Lean Keto - 2 days
                        High Fat Keto - 1 day
                        Hyman's blood sugar diet (or Ferris with berries, lol)- 1 day
                        Happy DAY!

Husband said not to lose weight as am hard to live with when I am in the low 120's and trying to go lower. (Sigh).

Comment

• P.S. I know that macro splits work when nothing else does, the goal is to make it doable and easy to manage in a cooking for a family environment.

Comment

• Cool, thanks. I might give that a shot. My problem is sticking to any kind of strict regimen. I'm really weird. I can pretty much stick to any kind of insane workout regimen, but tell me to stick to a strict diet plan and suddenly I can't do it. Macro splits are especially hard for some reason.

My journal

Comment

• I have the same problem. I think it is because moving is natural, but all strict diets are highly unnatural. Well, for me. I am used to eating when meat is mixed with veg including tubers in a pot, and stuff. And we buy the whole animal thing, which is rarely as lean as the LF end wants it. And not eating fruit is killing me, while eating fruit but cooking roasts and stuff and eating tuna along with it is also no fun.... I just love food too much and all type of foods. But on a normal diet that combines tubers, fruit, and meats/eggs and dairy I gain weight no matter how much of what I do in the gym. (Sigh).

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
                                I have the same problem. I think it is because moving is natural, but all strict diets are highly unnatural. Well, for me. I am used to eating when meat is mixed with veg including tubers in a pot, and stuff. And we buy the whole animal thing, which is rarely as lean as the LF end wants it. And not eating fruit is killing me, while eating fruit but cooking roasts and stuff and eating tuna along with it is also no fun.... I just love food too much and all type of foods. But on a normal diet that combines tubers, fruit, and meats/eggs and dairy I gain weight no matter how much of what I do in the gym. (Sigh).
                                Yeah, me too!

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X