Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
    what is with the people on this forum lately? this is far and away the worst it has ever been. no wonder why all the oldies-but-goodies don't post here and haven't posted here in years. this place has turned in to a soap opera.
    Yeah, I think it's cyclical. We're at the nadir right now. It will get better. I'm turning my frown upside-down.
    The Champagne of Beards

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Yeah, I think it's cyclical. We're at the nadir right now. It will get better. I'm turning my frown upside-down.
      agreed. was "nadir" on your word of the day calendar today?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
        agreed. was "nadir" on your word of the day calendar today?
        I have the remedial version of that. It's "word of the week."
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • #34
          Oh for sh*ts sake - this is turning into YouTube.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Allenete View Post
            Oh for sh*ts sake - this is turning into YouTube.
            What's YouTube?
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Leida View Post
              Another day I spotted bison burgers in our grocery store. I was so excited to see something like this... but of course they make burgers with bread crumbs. So much for diversifying the meat choices, lol.
              My expensive health food grocery store started carrying ground bison, antelope, elk, wild boar, ostrich and kangaroo in the freezer. No bread crumbs. A lucky find. The ostrich and kangaroo are a little too pricey but the others were worth a try and very tasty. Perhaps you could find something similar.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

              Comment


              • #37
                I was surprised to see soy in tuna also. There are a few put there withput soy. Traders Joe has several and the name brands have some though they cost about $1.70 per can. COS has a no drain for about a $1.50 and recently I have been collecting couponsfor $0.50.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Aingealag View Post
                  I've been trying very hard the past 6 weeks to stay away from glutinous grains -especially wheat- and then today I catch a glimpse of the ingredients label of my cough lozenges that I take for my chronic sore throat... and I see WHEAT on the ingredients list! What the #%$* is wheat doing in my cough lozenge?!?! Argh, makes me angry!

                  Sorry about the rant, I knew grains are in soooo many processed foods, but this was the last place I expected wheat! Feels like I have to go through every label with a fine-tooth comb to make sure I don't un-do all my good efforts...
                  Back to the OP...
                  Yes! Me mad too!!!

                  It's a pain in the ass the read every label, every time; but it is so, in this cruelly over-processed world.
                  Warm salt water is a great sore throat remedy, fyi...

                  ...unless they're GLUTENNING MY SALT NOW!
                  “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I pretty much do all those things (breathe through my nose, gargle with salt water, neti pot etc) anyway, I'll just keep up the good work.

                    Thanks for the tips everyone... And for the physics lesson

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I actually found wild caught, soy-free tuna at Walmart. I was shocked.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        My gut (literally) tells me that there must be some gluten on those vanilla flavoured coffee capsules that I just used to make my morning espresso.


                        Sent from my Nexus 4

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by piggy View Post
                          My gut (literally) tells me that there must be some gluten on those vanilla flavoured coffee capsules that I just used to make my morning espresso.
                          Don't trust pre-prepared/premixed convenience food or drinks :-)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
                            Don't trust pre-prepared/premixed convenience food or drinks :-)
                            Ι usually don't, but this was an espresso capsule for my Nespresso machine. I use them sparingly and only when there is no alternative, but I always forget how low quality these actually are . .

                            Sent from my Nexus 4

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by piggy View Post
                              Ι usually don't, but this was an espresso capsule for my Nespresso machine. I use them sparingly and only when there is no alternative, but I always forget how low quality these actually are . .

                              Sent from my Nexus 4
                              Can you use your own coffee in your machine? Like in a reusable cup? I know that Keurig has a reusable cup option.
                              “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                                Can you use your own coffee in your machine? Like in a reusable cup? I know that Keurig has a reusable cup option.
                                Haven't had much luck with reusable caps - actually with the "lid".
                                Anyway, I should just toss the capsules and stick to making coffee some other way. However, I will miss the convenience the capsule machines provide . .

                                Sent from my Nexus 4

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X