Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt the same way when I found out that my "Tuna in Water" actually had soy in it. Pissed to the point that I haven't bought any tuna (except one can of skipjack that I didn't like) since last summer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by dkJames View Post
      Why be so arrogant ? When people don't know something, it does not make them stupid, they simply don't have the knowledge. Do you know anything about the quark-gluon plasma created for 10^-23 sec in ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions ? No ? Do you feel stupid ?
      I know it was fairly expensive, didn't last long, and created more questions than it answered, which is good science. I also know that if they keep on they will create a totally new universe which will start the process all over again

but to be serious completing a study of this energy will probably be the foundation of a 5th force as the weak and strong nuclear forces dont seem to cover what was found down there.
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
        I avoid as much as possible anything that has a list of ingredients on it.

...and get that throat looked at by a doctor! Maybe your sore throat is is due to the wheat in the cough drops.
        my arrogant assumption is that if i didnt make it it will probably compromise my health
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
          my arrogant assumption is that if i didnt make it it will probably compromise my health
          Not arrogant at all; more like sensibele, normal, perhaps even boring and unremarkable.... or should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Aingealag View Post
            I did get my throat looked at and there's not much they can do about it apparently... Long story, but I might get a 2nd opinion. One of the health issues I was hoping going Primal would solve... Maybe it still will, it's only been 6 weeks.
            Do you always breathe through your nose? You probably won't believe anyone could be so dumb but right to my early 20's I used to mainly breathe through my mouth, especially at night and asleep, and had constant sore throats - an old Indian dude who was into yoga & pranayama told me to breathe through my nose all the time, unless I had a cold or whatever, and it cleared my constant sore throat up in about a month. You're probably smarter than I was but thought I'd throw it in!

Comment

I'm a mouth breather, though, and only wake up with dry mouth, not ever sore throat. So there are probably exceptions. I just can't get enough air through my nose.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

You can get the same benefit from a lollipop. All the lozenge is doing is creating saliva to swallow, which lollies do also, and I'd rather take my chances with sugar than hidden shit :P

Comment

Yeah, I know some about the wheat thing. No Play-doh or anything shampoo by Aveda, either - wheat there, too. Try Thayer's Slippery Elm lozenges - from the health food store/Vitamin Shoppe/or online, we like cherry flavored the best, really soothing.
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    I'm a mouth breather, though, and only wake up with dry mouth, not ever sore throat. So there are probably exceptions. I just can't get enough air through my nose.
                    Yeah, but like an elimination diet to rule out possible intolerances, it's worth a shot for anyone who mouth breathes and has throat problems, costs nowt.

I used to feel like I couldn't get enough air, but it (evidently! lol) turns out I could, not saying you're the same but it took me some getting used to.

Comment

Good words.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Uh oh. I hurt some poor physicist's feelings. Here's the PM I got.

Originally posted by dkJames
                        Hello Rich,

You assume way too much about me, and that can also be a sign of arrogance but I will not venture further assuming more about you. I was a leading physicist in one of the pioneering experiments on the RHIC at BNL, studying the possible creation of the quark-gluon plasma. We actually discovered an interesting "new" state of matter called the Color-Glass Condensate at high rapidities, and other fancy properties at the available beam energy (the LHC at CERN will probably show some more).

So when I come up with a comparison like this in my reply to quelsen, I know what I am talking about.

As to getting laid, you also assume a little too much but I don't need to go into details. You on the other hand can still go and fuck yourself if you like. I make no assumption about you though.

J.
                        And my response

Originally posted by me
                        My name's not Rich.

I don't care about your physics credentials.

Thanks for taking the time to write me a private message.

Please don't do that again.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Uh oh. I hurt some poor physicist's feelings. Here's the PM I got.
                          Not really, I just thought I would not pollute a public thread with what I had to say to you. I did not think that anybody would care to read our little correspondence and I also thought I would use a basic right to reply to your insult but directly to you. But here you are spreading more crap on a public thread. Copy/pasting a private message to a public thread is not correct, and you reveal yourself as an idiot and a complete moron at that. That puts an end to my dealing with you.

Comment

Not really, I just thought I would not pollute a public thread with what I had to say to you.
                            You had no problem polluting it to be insulting towards Quelsen, a member here who has earned much more respect from his posting history than you.
                            I did not think that anybody would care to read our little correspondence
                            Probably because you failed to realize how funny it is, professor.
                            and I also thought I would use a basic right to reply to your insult but directly to you.
                            Is that right detailed in the Geneva Conventions or the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
                            But here you are spreading more crap on a public thread.
                            Spreading it around, dancing in it, laughing hysterically, and rubbing it in everyone's hair...The Aristocrats!
                            Copy/pasting a private message to a public thread is not correct,
                            It's absolutely correct if one of the parties wants to share. A conversation is only private when all parties agree on it being private. That's definitely in the Geneva Conventions.
                            and you reveal yourself as an idiot and a complete moron at that.
                            Oh no, my secret's out. Thanks for trying to keep it in the private messages.
                            That puts an end to my dealing with you.
                            I hope so. I seriously doubt it, but I hope so.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

I hope so. I seriously doubt it, but I hope so.
                              what is with the people on this forum lately? this is far and away the worst it has ever been. no wonder why all the oldies-but-goodies don't post here and haven't posted here in years. this place has turned in to a soap opera.

Comment

Another day I spotted bison burgers in our grocery store. I was so excited to see something like this... but of course they make burgers with bread crumbs. So much for diversifying the meat choices, lol.
                                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X