Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You people are scaring me now. I have given birth via c-section, but my child now a teen has never had health problems other than minor stuff and of course, attitude. Actually I just recently read here of the birth canal beneficial bacteria exposure. I had no idea.
    I wonder if he could be at a greater risk for digestive and other health issues in the future.

Neckhammer, your son is lucky to have both his parents so involved in his well being.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      You say "nonsense" and I'm not sure how dismissive you intend to be, but if a baby doesn't latch early on, they wil get used to not using a human nipple to feed. Not that unusual, though quite unfortunate IMO.

It's my impression that the fecal implant thing doesn't require a necessarily OPTIMAL donor, but just one that's better than yours. Someone without digestive issues (or major ones, anyway) would be good, I think. I haven't listened to that podcast yet, hoping a transcript might appear because I don't have good listening comprehension.
      I don't know, I suspect that my mom didn't really try that hard to get me to breastfeed. I mean, she could have pumped her breast milk into a bottle and gave me the bottle if my problem was with latching onto a human nipple.

As for the fecal transplant thing--um, I'm not really sure how I would initiate that conversation with someone.

How's your digestion?
      Pretty good.
      You can digest anything?
      Pretty much.
      Um, can I have some of your poop?

I think my digestion is pretty good, actually. My only real problem is constipation, but I know exactly what caused it. It has to do with stupid shit I did when I was younger. (I think I permanently broke my intestines, in case you were wondering. )

Still, I suspect that my gut biome is sub-optimal.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
        How's your digestion?
        Pretty good.
        You can digest anything?
        Pretty much.
        Um, can I have some of your poop?
        don't forget to say please
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• That's the thing, I know exactly who I'd get a sample from and I know he wouldn't blink twice about doing it either. My cousin: he eats (high quality) paleo but a few times per month he and his wife will "cheat" on grains or something of lesser quality. Most of the time it will make her sick, but he is completely fine. His digestion is superb (from what I gather otherwise), his metabolism is great, his skin is flawless.... His gut is flawless. He and his wife are so laid back they'd probably go, "well that's kind of weird.... but sure! Want to stay for dinner afterwards?" ;_;

Re: birth, I was born vaginally and I was breastfed.
          Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            don't forget to say please
            Pretty please with corn and peanuts on top.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I asked my best friend for some of her poop for this purpose (mainly because I think she's awesome, calm, and doesn't have weight problems and she eats really well) but she was reticent because she had contracted a fungal skin infection while living in the woods in Tennessee. I don't think that would be lingering in her microbiota though. Would it?

I think someone mentioned earlier that a newborn vaginally birthed baby, breast fed who had not received any antibiotics would be the best candidate. I can just see the Craigslist posting now...

Comment

• Weird topic...
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                  Re: birth, I was born vaginally and I was breastfed.
                  As was I, yet I've been plagued by constipation since childhood. I feel like in my case it may have been antibiotics that I had when I was young that did me in. I wasn't on them often, but definitely a few times; my sister was the one with the persistent ear infections.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

I don't know, I suspect that my mom didn't really try that hard to get me to breastfeed. I mean, she could have pumped her breast milk into a bottle and gave me the bottle if my problem was with latching onto a human nipple.
                    It is really easy to be convinced when you're totally exhausted and the baby is not feeding well that the bottle is the answer. A lot of the time a woman may have heard this her whole life, and isn't aware that it may take a healthy, normal baby a week to really get the hang of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Pretty please with corn and peanuts on top.
                      i hate you so bad right now
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

i hate you so bad right now
                        No, you love me, you're just disappointed in me.

Oh wait, that's my mom
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• i'll give you the disappointed mom face

i'll even add in the tiny head shake and sigh for free
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

i'll give you the disappointed mom face

i'll even add in the tiny head shake and sigh for free
                            I'm just going to pre-emptively go to my room and think about what I've done.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• you're a good boy
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

I am fucked then. I was born via c-section, and then my mom didn't even breastfeed me. She told me that she didn't lactate right away, and I was screaming and yelling to be fed so she just told the nurse to give me formula. She claims that, after that, I refused to breastfeed or some such other nonsense.

Newborns introduced to formula in a bottle usually prefer that to breastmilk.

Pumping is a lot of work, and mothers are really exhausted after delivery.
                                Last edited by girlhk; 08-20-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X