Butter oil - grim!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter oil - grim!

I have no problem taking my fermented cod liver oil, and use the little syringe it came with to measure out 2ml, which I swallow easily. Taste not too bad.

Bitter oil however?! Ew! Insert expletives. Disgusting!

I didn't but the dual caps this time as the dose is low compared to high price. So I bought separate bottles.

The CLO which I thought would be gross, is fine! While I struggle to get the butter oil down without gagging.

Any tips/tricks on how to disguise the taste?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Eat food. That's my solution. Why are you taking this stuff???
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Butter oil tastes and behaves just like ghee and can be used as a food, try it on a potato with some salt?
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
        Butter oil tastes and behaves just like ghee and can be used as a food, try it on a potato with some salt?
        I have eaten both and I have to say that ghee is so much better. Butter oil is tasteless. Ghee tastes like browned butter. I bought butter oil once and never will again.

I am curious as to why you think it is beneficial.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It's supposed to help with the absorption of the CLO, I think. And it contains factor x (vitamin k?)

The gel caps I was taking before (Green Pasture) contained both. So, I bought a bottle of each and take it at the same time as my CLO.

I can't get grass fed or organic anything here. I was kinda hoping it would negate that.
          “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

J3nn, thanks. I will try that idea.

Comment

These capsules are WORSE than non-grass fed butter. Think about it, bitter butter? Does that sound right to you? No, that sounds like rancid butter. I'm sure the PUFA police can show up with all the links to how damaging these processed oils are and usually I think they are a little overstating, but bitter butter? I would be terrified to wonder what is _really_ in that.

Comment

Originally posted by loafingcactus View Post
                These capsules are WORSE than non-grass fed butter. Think about it, bitter butter? Does that sound right to you? No, that sounds like rancid butter. I'm sure the PUFA police can show up with all the links to how damaging these processed oils are and usually I think they are a little overstating, but bitter butter? I would be terrified to wonder what is _really_ in that.
                I think it was a typo. He meant butter oil, not bitter oil. I think butter is mostly saturated fat, so no pufa worries.
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                  I think it was a typo. He meant butter oil, not bitter oil. I think butter is mostly saturated fat, so no pufa worries.
                  Well, he said it tasted bad too, so I thought the bitter might be part of that. Still, the logic isn't there: eating this good heavens knows what on theory that it is better than real whole food? Booooooogus.

Comment

Well, he said it tasted bad too, so I thought the bitter might be part of that. Still, the logic isn't there: eating this good heavens knows what on theory that it is better than real whole food? Booooooogus.
                    It's not always that straight forward for everyone. I have been eating a paleo diet with heavy emphasis on nutrient density for nearly 3 years. This includes oysters, liver, bone broth, brazil nuts, etc. In spite of this I have multiple nutrient deficiencies that require supplementation.
                    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Comment

What nutritional deficiency requires supplementation of a normal diet with fermented cod liver oil and butter oil?

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                        I have eaten both and I have to say that ghee is so much better. Butter oil is tasteless. Ghee tastes like browned butter. I bought butter oil once and never will again.

I am curious as to why you think it is beneficial.

I don't know about that. I had this one Amazon.com: High Vitamin Butter Oil (Grass fed & Organic) 12 Oz: Health & Personal Care and it tasted just like ghee/butter to me. I used it in cooking and drizzling on food. It was delicious but very expensive. I went through it in about 3 weeks.
                        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

What nutritional deficiency requires supplementation of a normal diet with fermented cod liver oil and butter oil?
                          I wasn't speaking directly about those supplements. Just commenting on your statement that when a person is eating this healthy the very idea of needing to supplement is bogus.

I don't take either of those, but they are both supplementing from whole food sources.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                            I don't know about that. I had this one Amazon.com: High Vitamin Butter Oil (Grass fed & Organic) 12 Oz: Health & Personal Care and it tasted just like ghee/butter to me. I used it in cooking and drizzling on food. It was delicious but very expensive. I went through it in about 3 weeks.
                            Well now I want some. Holy crap on the price though. I make my own ghee and let it brown until just before burnt so it's darn tasty. I bought butter oil once but it just tasted like oil.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                              I wasn't speaking directly about those supplements. Just commenting on your statement that when a person is eating this healthy the very idea of needing to supplement is bogus.
                              Whoa. How this works is my direct quote is available above. That is NOT what is says.

"Still, the logic isn't there: eating this good heavens knows what on theory that it is better than real whole food? Booooooogus. "

If anyone would like to educate me about how these products are anything other than a siphon attached to the OP's wallet, I'm still waiting.

Comment

Working...
                              X