Giving up dairy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
    That is strange, feta should be made of goat and might have sheep milk. Looks like you are not only intolerant to cow milk or the feta wasn't real feta.
    Both are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
      That is strange, feta should be made of goat and might have sheep milk. Looks like you are not only intolerant to cow milk or the feta wasn't real feta.
      About 1/2 the feta in my grocery stores is cow's milk, so not real. I don't think most people know the difference though.
      50yo, 5'3"
      SW-195
      CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
      GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

I have to weigh in here. I'm Greek. Most Greeks consider the best Feta to be made from 100% sheep's milk. That is how my Papou (GF) made it. Sometimes it is 70% sheep and 30% goat. Sometimes 100% goat (dont tell anyone but I like goat feta). Feta made with cow's milk is not feta.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Actually didn't know that about feta, that's interesting.
          My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
          (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
          Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
          (Red Dwarf)

Comment

I always buy goat or sheep feta but I can't vouch for my friend who is on a tight budget. Maybe the cow "feta" is cheaper.

Comment

I was very glad when I discovered I tolerate feta. In Europe the name feta is protected, it has to be made in greece and as far as I know never has cow milk.

Comment

Bread.... I didn't touch a piece of bread in 3-4 months. It's like the easiest thing in the world for me to avoid. I ate Pizza a few times on a carb reload, felt like shit afterwards, but at least when I was eating it I had an orgasm.

But BREAD? I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                X