Nuking sweet potato.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite morning activity!
    Nuke sweet potato on high for 5 mins while cast iron pan preheats on medium.
    Melt some Kerry Gold and fry up the par-cooked potato!
    Beasts bagels every time!

Comment

I recommend steaming your sweet potato every once in awhile as well. It makes it so moist inside, and it's quick too especially if you cut it into rounds or pieces. Of course, nothing beats a nice carmelization from baking one either...

Comment

I agree that it tastes better when baked in an oven, but the microwave works just fine. Wrap it in a wet paper towel, just as you would a regular potato. But sweet potatoes are usually bigger so you'll probably need to flip it halfway through.

My journal

Comment

I nuked a sweet potato just yesterday for lunch. Works great.
          High Weight: 225
          Weight at start of Primal: 189
          Current Weight: 174
          Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Thats an unanimous answer to my question then! Feel a bit of a numpty now for even asking ha ha nuked sweet potato for lunch tomorrow it is!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by adam204 View Post
              Thats an unanimous answer to my question then! Feel a bit of a numpty now for even asking ha ha nuked sweet potato for lunch tomorrow it is!

Yeah, how dare you ask a question that we all agree on!
              My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                Yeah, how dare you ask a question that we all agree on!
                On this forum?

Apocalypse-road-sign-resized.jpg
                Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                MFP Food Diary:
                http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
                  On this forum?
                  Hold, let me go back and look through the responses, there's gotta be something I can nag about...

Comment

Here's something that might be worth a try sometime. Cut rounds out of a large sweet potato and let it sit out for a while (on the counter or in the fridge--uncovered) so the cut sides dry up. Then nuke the rounds. Makes sort of like fake "bread" because the cut sides stay firm.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Forgot to add that Penzey's spices has an "apple pie spice" which makes sweet potatoes taste heavenly!

Comment

Originally posted by adam204 View Post

Actually nuking them will probably destroy any good nutrients you could get and may irradiate your stomach lining.... Is that better?

KIDDING!

Comment

Has anyone tried sweet potatoes with some coconut oil and cinnamon? Tastes a bit like pumpkin pie, effing delicious.

Comment

Has anyone tried sweet potatoes with some coconut oil and cinnamon? Tastes a bit like pumpkin pie, effing delicious.
                            I regularly steam a bunch and then mash them in a tub with either butter (yellow, orange versions) or coconut oil (purple Okinawa). I store them for up to a week in the frig and just eat them cold directly out of the tub. I recently added a layer of Ceylon cinnamon and really does remind me of pumpkin pie.

Comment

I do mine with butter, cinnamon, and cayenne. If you haven't tried it with a bit of cayenne you need to!

Comment

I do the same thing with butter and/or honey. I can't find any coconut oil that actually has a decent taste... though I can confirm that sweet potato with coconut butter is pure awesomeness.

Crap, now I want sweet potato.
                                Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                                https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                                MFP Food Diary:
                                http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                                (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Working...
                                X