Need Type 2 Diabetes Primal Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    Jack Kruse is a joke, stop being a shill Greg Rx. If he lies about the shape of his own back, I wonder what else he lies about.

P.S. He lied and claimed he was hacked, what a joke. This isn't NCIS, what a jackass. Hilarious people even try posting fake pictures passing it off as themselves on the internet anymore.
    the man is talking quantum biology and you are talking penis enlargement. If that is the best you've got, please don't speak. Dr jack has plenty of wild, crazy theories but that is why he blogs his information. You are free to debate the brain surgeon all you want. MDA Is great for athletes who are having problems with their mortality but if you have challenges that adjusting macro nutrients won't fix, you need Dr K. The man is a genius who freely shares his time and knowledge. So yea I sing his praises to those who might benefit. Does that make me a shill? Maybe.

Comment

I don't get what's with all of the kool-aid, considering Kruse is pretty much unable to put together a coherent sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rx View Post
        The man is a genius who freely shares his time and knowledge.
        Not free. What is the going rate for a Kruse's Kruisers Konsultation these days? How much to join in on a podcast? He gives out just enough info to hook you, then reels you in with his pay-only stuff. Luckily, I never paid him a dime, but I know plenty who did and wish they hadn't...here's a place where survivors of Jack gather: Optimal Health Cave • View forum - Dr. Jack Kruse

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rx View Post
          the man is talking quantum biology and you are talking penis enlargement. If that is the best you've got, please don't speak. Dr jack has plenty of wild, crazy theories but that is why he blogs his information. You are free to debate the brain surgeon all you want. MDA Is great for athletes who are having problems with their mortality but if you have challenges that adjusting macro nutrients won't fix, you need Dr K. The man is a genius who freely shares his time and knowledge. So yea I sing his praises to those who might benefit. Does that make me a shill? Maybe.
          That's a nice way of saying quack who took some courses on an obscure physics subject. He uses this knowledge to trick gullible people into paying him money for advice on avoiding magnetoception and drinking piss.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Interesting views on Kruse. Just ordered his book a couple of days ago. Will soon find out if the guy is on to something or totally off the deep end. Not sounding good. If ever in a survival situation, I'll drink my pee. Once. Otherwise, no thanks. EMF's, Good to avoid, but I'm not moving anytime soon. Ground rods & rotten fish heads? Wow. Have heard from sources other than Marksdailyapple that the guy can't put together a coherent sentence. What is so sad is when someone (Kruse?) may be on to Some valid science but their valuable "baby" is mired in a sea of filthy bathwater. I Will definitely be checking out Optimal Health Cave & Bull that Otzi referenced.

Comment

@ Otzi: I just went through some of Optimal Health Cave & Bull forum. Oh. My. God. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Kruse wrote some good stuff early on. He has some good theories on metabolism, etc.. Read it all, but keep your eyes wide open. When folks started questioning him, he played the quantum mechanics card, portending his mind was akin to Einstein's and that the lay person shouldn't even question his brilliance.

Another funny quirk is his alignment with other bloggers who soon drop him when they see he's a quack. This list includes Mark Sisson, Ray Cronise, Richard Nickoley, and the BulletProof Exec guy. Kruse used to RAVE about bulletproof coffee and advertised heavily for bulletproof stuff, now coffee is off-limits...

Comment

Originally posted by geckotreefrog View Post
                  @ Otzi: I just went through some of Optimal Health Cave & Bull forum. Oh. My. God. Thanks for the heads up.
                  That forum was made by people who were questioning Kruse and most were subsequently banned from Kruse' forum--they formed a support group to dig through the BS.

If you want to have fun, look at the oldest possible threads on Kruse's forum, look at the names and their problems, then look at today, nearly 2 years later--still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                    That forum was made by people who were questioning Kruse and most were subsequently banned from Kruse' forum--they formed a support group to dig through the BS.

If you want to have fun, look at the oldest possible threads on Kruse's forum, look at the names and their problems, then look at today, nearly 2 years later--still the same.
                    Wow, a support Group for Kruse rejects, wasting time consoling each Other? Pretty much explains it all. Most likely easier than trying to understand his blog post. That requires an open mind and some thought.
                    You are correct that his earlier stuff on metabolism was more relevant to the weight loss crowd and this poster. The later stuff was ment as thought provoking topics but they usually tie into some earlier point.
                    You also are correct that he can seem arrogant, but I think that is pretty common amongst doctors in general, and Nero surgeons in particular. They are the best of the best, and they know it. Don't you want your doctor to be confident in his knowledge and willing to Share? I have learned in my profession that questioning any doctor can be an ordeal best done sparingly with a clear escape route in mind. Not to say they don't like sincere questions, most seem to enjoy teaching but not debating.
                    Can we quit talking about the man and get back to the message?

Comment

Regarding Kruse, Bernstein, and about a half-dozen more I can name....prepare yourself for a rant

As a general rule, I do not listen to much of any of the "guys with a website". I make a very big distinction here between being someone that makes recommendations on how to be healthy, lose fat, etc (Sisson, Wolf, many others) and someone that claims they are giving recommendations for curing chronic or fatal diseases....the first group is commendable. The second are at best arrogant and misguided, and at the worst, evil. (Not referencing anyone above. More the kind of guys that try to cure ALS with stem cells or fish parts or rabbits feet, and string desperate people along with them)

There is not equivalency for me between these two groups. I am with you in regard to helping people lose weight or feel better....you start saying your recommendations, however much you attempt to "scientifically validate" them, are cures or treatments for deadly diseases and I will think you are a kook and should be laughed at.

Why do I feel this way?

Because I live nearby one of the largest medical research facilities in the country....and I know of many people, dozens of them, that spend their entire lives trying to find REAL solutions to these ailments. They don't have websites, most will never get an ounce of credit, and not all of them are doctors at all. Many are just people with a lot of passion, patients or researches alike, that have given their time to studying these diseases. For me, all attention given to "dudes with websites" is attention taken away from those that are actually working to find verifiable therapies.

There will always be a fringe, a set group of people that believe it is best to operate outside what they refer to as the "conventional wisdom"....but don't make the mistake of being outside of actual science, of actual PROOF. That isn't independence, it is only being a sheep to a different shepherd, usually one that wants notoriety much more than to actually help people.

Example: I believe very strongly that our "lipid hypothesis" of the 70's was dead wrong. This is "conventional wisdom" that I am against...

I do not believe that by drinking urine or fish eyes a person will lessen their diabetes....to believe so is also against "conventional wisdom".

The reason I believe one and not two is because there now exists enormous amount of proof; randomized, double-blind, long-term studies that show that our original thinking on cholesterol was wrong....to my knowledge, there are no studies that have yet established that by drinking my solid 6oz of piss with breakfast every morning, I will have a better blood panel. I am being facetious of course, but not by that much, and that is the sad part....all of these "dudes with a website" are the same...make big claims about connections that could ACTUALLY be studied with a lot of "input X = output Y, therefore this thing over here we could actually study is true. Aren't I brilliant!?"

No. They are making things up. It's easy. Kids do it all the time

In other words, don't be so tolerant of "non-CW" that you tolerate charlatans and psuedo-scientists. There are plenty of real ones that much better deserve the attention.

Rant done. Over and out
                      "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

@ Laz, That is a rant I can completely support.

Comment

You're mistaking people who're doing drug research that support conventional paradigms with those who're doing research for research's sake. The latter needs financial support and none of the granting organizations will lend financial support for randomized, double-blind trials, unless they feel the strong need to do so. And organizations like the NIH are strongly dominated by the conventional paradigm. They will not finance trials of alternative cancer therapies nor would they support trials of CVD risks based on factors other than what's in vogue right now.

Other than that, those who conduct research are the Big Pharma companies with profitability as their sole motive. If they think a patentable drug can result and they can go past the FDA's phase trials, they'll finance the research. But it's only for a small subset of patentable compounds, not for off-label compounds or some new fangled therapy that do not require prescriptions drugs. You're confusing those who do research supported by grant organizations or drug companies with those who actually seek to find cures, whether they're drug-dependent or not. Those people need money but will not be funded. That's why alternative medicine is gaining such momentum. And the downside of this movement toward "functional medicine" and homeopathy is the quacks and scam artists that come out of the woodwork, as desperate patients are easy to influence and seduce.

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                          Because I live nearby one of the largest medical research facilityes in the country....and I know of many people, dozens of them, that spend their entire lives trying to find REAL solutions to these ailments. They don't have websites, most will never get an ounce of credit, and not all of them are doctors at all. Many are just people with a lot of passion, patients or researches alike, that have given their time to studying these diseases. For me, all attention given to "dudes with websites" is attention taken away from those that are actually working to find verifiable therapies.
                          Last edited by choppedliver; 09-01-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X