Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricks to lose weight (moobs)

Hello there,

I have been on primal diet for the past 6 months. Since I never used a balance, I don't know how much weight I lost, but I estimate at about 20 pounds and to be honest, I have been cheating more or less (especially alcohol : low carb beers and red wine). I went from I can't fit a 36 inch pants and now they are loose. For jeans, I use 34. I'd say my body fat % is between 25 and 30%

I eat almost two slices of bacon in the morning with 2-3 eggs. For lunch I eat a big salad and then for dinner I try to eat meat with veggies or with a salad serving. I also snack a lot of cheese and nuts. I am afraid of snacking with fruits because of the sugar. I do put 10% cream (coffee cream) in my coffee. I usually have a class of red wine. On the weekend, I can drink half to one bottle of wine.

On the exercice side, I walk about 4 times a week for about 1 hour and now I started doing some spints (intermediate). I also started doing push ups, planks and squats and sit ups but no pull up because I can't install a bar in my appartment.

The problem that I have been struggling all my life is the moobs. I hate them. I don't feel comfortable putting a sports jersey or anything because all we see is my boobies out of it. They got a little smaller since my weight loss, but they are still visible. I think my body stores fat around there and on the belly. I am conscious that with 30% body fat, I still need to lose about 10%. My conception is that walking wont help me down the body fat. I need to lift weights but we are going abroad for a month.

In August, my wife and I are going to visit her parents in South America. I am sure it will be party and stuff but I will try to eat healthy foods and only drink Rum and coke(zero) if I need to drink or red wine. Maybe 1-2 beers from time to time. I am sure we are going to walk lot.

What do you recommend me?

Thanks a lot for your help

I'm a girl so I like boobs on me. I will tell you adding carbs back in have made mine bigger, so who knows, maybe low carb will help shrink yours.

My suggestion is to go do some weightlifting. Squatting, deadlifts and benching. Since I started my pectorals have become more pronounced and I've lost body fat. I would think that visually if you broadened your shoulders and built up your chest that your moobs would look better.

At Crossfit I noticed pretty much none of the men who have been doing it for a while have moobs.

And I'm just going to put this out there. I have noticed that for the most part, guys that lift weights have really great bodies almost universally. Period. Guys that don't, no matter what, end up with a skinny fat look that ends in moobs for a lot of people. I'd ditch the PB strength and go start lifting heavy at a gym.

Eating right can definitely get the fat off, but you need some structure under the skin. IMO, weightlifting is the fastest path to that- I have seen a big change in my own body in about 10-12 weeks. The bodyweight stuff is great too, (hello, Al Kavadlo looks amazing) but just lifting a barbell seems simpler if you can manage it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Hello there, thanks for your answer. I already tried crossfit but didnt like the place and the coaches... They only seem to focus on experienced user because all classes are mixed levels. There are no other centre in my city.

Is going to a normal gym ok? I might hit the university gym! There is a small gym where my in laws live so i will try to go 3-4 times a week!

Any nutritional help?

Comment

Eat clean, lift heavy. Limit nuts and cheese, probably.

Comment

Limit nuts and cheese, probably.
          Yeah, if I was a guy, I would limit conventional dairy in case of hormones. And I don't think Crossfit is necessary- I'm sure just going to the gym and doing the basic heavy lifts would more than suffice. LOL, I'd ask Mr Anthony what he does at the gym. I mean, he hasn't shared his abs lately but I assume they still look amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Eat clean, lift heavy. Limit nuts and cheese, probably.
            Hi there, do you mind sharing your gym routine. When you say lift heavy, how many reps do you do? 3 x 12 or ??
            thank you

Comment

I agree 100% with Magnolia. Paleo/primal eating plus heavy, compound lifts. Besides building a structure, the heavy lifting also helps hormonally. I used to have moons, that's my prescription. Not to say don't do bodyweight exercises, just use that in conjunction with heavy, compound barbell and dumbbell work.

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your tips.The thing that worries me is that I won't be able to go to the gym before the end of august...so I am technically losing 1 month....what kind I do in the time beeing. The tower gym at my in laws doesn't have everything a real gym has..

Comment

you need to start weight lifting!

Do Strong Lifts, also known as 5 x 5

Bench Press 5 sets , 5 reps each - rest 1-2 mins in between sets
                  Squats 5 x 5
                  Deadlifts or Barbell Rows 5 x 5

You perform these lifts 3 x's a week - thats it - Mon, Weds, Fri or Tues, Thurs, Sat etc

Make sure your resting 8 hours and getting at least 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight

Comment

Originally posted by primalcanadian View Post
                    Hi there, do you mind sharing your gym routine. When you say lift heavy, how many reps do you do? 3 x 12 or ??
                    thank you
                    Do Starting Strength (Or maybe Stronglifts, but I think SS is more accessible to new people). If you're just starting out, this is the best program. Buy the book.

Comment

The thing that worries me is that I won't be able to go to the gym before the end of august...
                      I'd start doing what you can. The hardest thing for a lot of people is time, so I'd start making the habit to hit the gym, even if you are going someplace without everything you need. So just start going and if all there is are some 10lb dumbbells and a bike, go to the gym and do your bodyweight stuff or whatever. Learn to work it into your schedule. Order the lifting book.

Nothing happens overnight and it's a long term commitment. What I've noticed is that the best looking people are consistent. There are some guys where I work out that look amazing and they are there lifting consistently.

Comment

Just keep doing what you are doing now and when you can start lifting weights do it then. There's no rush. Lifting weights will help you produce more testosterone but so will the natural foods diet with adequate protein and not so much refined, processed junk. The sprinting will also help.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by primalcanadian View Post
                          Hello there,

I have been on primal diet for the past 6 months. Since I never used a balance, I don't know how much weight I lost, but I estimate at about 20 pounds and to be honest, I have been cheating more or less (especially alcohol : low carb beers and red wine). I went from I can't fit a 36 inch pants and now they are loose. For jeans, I use 34. I'd say my body fat % is between 25 and 30%

I eat almost two slices of bacon in the morning with 2-3 eggs. For lunch I eat a big salad and then for dinner I try to eat meat with veggies or with a salad serving. I also snack a lot of cheese and nuts. I am afraid of snacking with fruits because of the sugar. I do put 10% cream (coffee cream) in my coffee. I usually have a class of red wine. On the weekend, I can drink half to one bottle of wine.

On the exercice side, I walk about 4 times a week for about 1 hour and now I started doing some spints (intermediate). I also started doing push ups, planks and squats and sit ups but no pull up because I can't install a bar in my appartment.

The problem that I have been struggling all my life is the moobs. I hate them. I don't feel comfortable putting a sports jersey or anything because all we see is my boobies out of it. They got a little smaller since my weight loss, but they are still visible. I think my body stores fat around there and on the belly. I am conscious that with 30% body fat, I still need to lose about 10%. My conception is that walking wont help me down the body fat. I need to lift weights but we are going abroad for a month.

In August, my wife and I are going to visit her parents in South America. I am sure it will be party and stuff but I will try to eat healthy foods and only drink Rum and coke(zero) if I need to drink or red wine. Maybe 1-2 beers from time to time. I am sure we are going to walk lot.

What do you recommend me?

Thanks a lot for your help
                          Alot of advice given here is done so without individual context. It's easy to say 'Lift heavy weights', without thinking about the persons own particular context and the effect that recommendation will have on that person.

Anyway, 'Moobs' are due to excess estrogen, which is exasperated by excess pufa's. Based on the very brief description you gave us of your diet, It's obvious that the fat from your diet is comprised mostly of pufa's. Bacon, eggs, nuts, whatever is in your salad serving(possibly - you don't state what is in that).

Bacons' a sh**ty source of food. Eggs are amazingly nutritious and at about .7 grams of pufa per egg are not so bad but for more extreme cases need to be balanced with carbohydrate/sugar. Nuts are, in my opinion, not something we should be eating in the majority. In my opinion you'd be better served replacing your pufa sources with satfat sources, and eating a better source of protein than pork - such as beef/lamb liver, lamb shanks, oxtail etc. Cheese is actually an awesome food but there's no getting away from the fact that in people with skewed metabolisms that it's fattening. Not in itself a reason to quit imo.

Otherwise, I would suggest that your food intake looks pretty pathetic. Raise calories, and don't fall into the sugar-phobia that has sometimes permeated the Paleo community. Sugar is actually a better fat-burner than starch is, overall. Again this all depends on individual context.

As for exercise, I wouldn't suggest lifting a finger on your diet. Start by eating more and helping your metabolism along. Walking is safe. Sorting out your food intake is more important than lifting, because your going to be under stress as it is, lifting heavy(as you are now) will increase it many-fold. Starting strength will literally wreck you if you haven't got the nutrition to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
                            Alot of advice given here is done so without individual context. It's easy to say 'Lift heavy weights', without thinking about the persons own particular context and the effect that recommendation will have on that person.

Anyway, 'Moobs' are due to excess estrogen, which is exasperated by excess pufa's. Based on the very brief description you gave us of your diet, It's obvious that the fat from your diet is comprised mostly of pufa's. Bacon, eggs, nuts, whatever is in your salad serving(possibly - you don't state what is in that).

Bacons' a sh**ty source of food. Eggs are amazingly nutritious and at about .7 grams of pufa per egg are not so bad but for more extreme cases need to be balanced with carbohydrate/sugar. Nuts are, in my opinion, not something we should be eating in the majority. In my opinion you'd be better served replacing your pufa sources with satfat sources, and eating a better source of protein than pork - such as beef/lamb liver, lamb shanks, oxtail etc. Cheese is actually an awesome food but there's no getting away from the fact that in people with skewed metabolisms that it's fattening. Not in itself a reason to quit imo.

Otherwise, I would suggest that your food intake looks pretty pathetic. Raise calories, and don't fall into the sugar-phobia that has sometimes permeated the Paleo community. Sugar is actually a better fat-burner than starch is, overall. Again this all depends on individual context.

As for exercise, I wouldn't suggest lifting a finger on your diet. Start by eating more and helping your metabolism along. Walking is safe. Sorting out your food intake is more important than lifting, because your going to be under stress as it is, lifting heavy(as you are now) will increase it many-fold. Starting strength will literally wreck you if you haven't got the nutrition to back it up.
                            Hi there, thanks for your input. There are a lot of contradictive messages here. Some say Bacon is a good fat and others say it's complete crap. When you say my diet looks pretty pathetic, I think I eat enough for the exercice that I do sitting at the computer in the office all day. I also do eat lots of different meats : chicken, tuna, salmon, beef, veal etc.

I am not quite sure to understand the PUFA effect on moobs. I know they have decreased as mentionned since I started this journey, but I think there is no point in being paranoid of not eating nuts from time to time because of pufa and stuff. I also think I am reading to start lifting weight, I will start at what I'm able to do and move on from there. Walking will always be present because it helps me cope with office stress...

Comment

It's also unfortunately true that you lose fat in the reverse order you gained it.

Comment

Working...
                              X