Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will going primal help me feel better? (Switching from vegan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always had problems sleeping as a teen. I'd be up all night, then exhausted during the day. I'd take a nap, which would then assure that I didn't get to bed on time, etc. Vicious cycle.

I also didn't think about my diet much, and didn't exercise. I also kind of surrounded myself with negative people who were downers.

I have changed all these things. My diet is much healthier, I exercise more, and the people I surround myself with are way better and more positive.

Everything plays into it, but even without the good people, getting in regular exercise and eating right is a huge plus and DEFINITELY helps you sleep right. Exercise makes you tired, of course, so you fall asleep better.

Every once in a while, if you get off track, try a sleeping pill to just make sure your sleep cycle isn't completely screwed by one random day.

Comment

While trying primal, do your best to be 100% grain free for the first 2 weeks. It is possible that in addition to lacking nutrients from a vegan diet, you also have a wheat/grain intolerance and even small amounts may impact your well-being. For example, I am intolerance to corn and feel terrible if I eat even a small amount.

I felt awful every single day until I found primal eating. It really helped turn things around for me and I was much older than you. Give it a solid try and see what happens
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Try it for a month or two.

You feel horrible now - could it get worse? (I doubt it).

If it doesn't work, try something else, or go back to what you know.

Comment

Working...
        X