Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breath apparently smells like corn???? Ketosis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breath apparently smells like corn???? Ketosis?

So I've been getting told that my breath smells like corn. I have read that when your body is in keto sis your breath will have a sweet smell to it.

I restrict carbs to max 50-55g/day, regardless if its a training day or not (train 4 days/week and basketball 1 day/week).

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I think your breath is meant to smell more like vinegar, since one of the by products of ketosis is acetic acid, which is vinegar. Could be totally wrong though.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
      I think your breath is meant to smell more like vinegar, since one of the by products of ketosis is acetic acid, which is vinegar. Could be totally wrong though.
      Thanks for that. Im basing the 'corn-like' scent on what i keep getting told by an 11 year old! I may need to ask an adult

Comment

Keto breath is generally a metallic taste in your mouth. (It is transitional and goes away once you are ketotic for a while).

Corn is sweet. A sweet breath scent can be indicative of diabetes. Have you been to the doctor lately?

Comment

Keto breath and body odor smells like ass. I would never kiss someone in ketosis.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Keto breath and body odor smells like ass. I would never kiss someone in ketosis.
            Unless your in Ketosis too...match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by rockrunner View Post
              Unless your in Ketosis too...match made in heaven.
              Hahahhah I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                Keto breath is generally a metallic taste in your mouth. (It is transitional and goes away once you are ketotic for a while).

Corn is sweet. A sweet breath scent can be indicative of diabetes. Have you been to the doctor lately?
                Yeah I'm quite healthy. Had all check ups done. Doc was even very surprised at my resting heart rate that he did it 3 times to make sure he wasnt seeing things.

This is why I was curious as to why my breath apparently smelt like corn, because I really am anal about dental hygiene aswell...

Comment

unless it smells like acetone (pear drops,nail varnish remover) don't worry about ketosis,
                  When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                  27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                  new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    And I would never kiss someone who smokes. So I guess there will be no smoothing for us, Derp.

Comment

Yeah, my breath smells like an ash tray. Luckily chewing on mints helps somewhat.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

Corn?!?!? When did I eat corn?

Comment

"Burning ketones for energy has a reputation for causing bad breath. In reality, it’s a “different” smell than most are used to, but not necessarily bad. In fact, the slightly sweet scent that sometimes results from ketosis is probably pretty close to how Grok’s breath smelled (provided he had picked his teeth, of course).

Read more: Natural Cures for Bad Breath | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Working...
                          X