Yet Another Protein Powder Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Protein Powder Thread

Because I like to keep things going instead of thredromancy or archiving. Forums are -social-.

Anyways, let us remind ourselves of good brands of Whey Protein, for days when we can't / don't want to cook, or whatever.

Criterion!

No soy!
    No BS additives!

I found:

Amazon.com: Raw Organic Whey - USDA Certified Organic Whey Protein: Health & Personal Care

You?

M.

That's fucking expensive. My protein powder:

Make America Great Again

Comment

I buy this stuff:

Amazon.com: Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored, 10 lbs: Health & Personal Care
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Why don't you bros just eat cottage cheese? 48oz is 160g of protein and like 1.1k calories.

It's only 50g carbs too!
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Rich, that's got soy in it.

Derpamix - good point, and there's yogurt as well. However, in my case I seek something generally low carb. Others may have different intent.

M.

Comment

Cottage cheese is low carb though. You get over 100g for less than 40 carbs alone. If you're searching for zero carb options, then idk, I guess you can stick to protein powders. They've always felt like a waste of money to me though. Less than optimal amino acid profile too(high in cysteine, histadine, methionine, and tryptophan)
            Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              That's fucking expensive. My protein powder:

You should buy that by the pound. Much easier to measure out with a spoon than to rip open those little packets. And lots cheaper, too.

Cheese is for those days I don't feel like cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                You should buy that by the pound. Much easier to measure out with a spoon than to rip open those little packets. And lots cheaper, too.
                I should. I buy the 32 packet box for like 8.99 at Vons. I've spilled countless amounts of gelatin ripping open the packets, you don't even know ;_;

These?

Knox Original Gelatin, Unflavored, 16-Ounces Cans (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Organic and grass fed don't make a difference in protein powder really. I just buy whatever brand has the highest protein percentage. I would like to buy isolate to eliminate most lactose but I can't justify the price difference.
                  http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    I should. I buy the 32 packet box for like 8.99 at Vons. I've spilled countless amounts of gelatin ripping open the packets, you don't even know ;_;

These?

Knox Original Gelatin, Unflavored, 16-Ounces Cans (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
                    Like that.

Comment

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural Whey...........no artificial sweeteners or flavors!

Comment

I disagree with whoever said organic and grass-fed don't matter in a protein. That being said, this is my protein powder of choice. I hadn't taken protein in years but I saw this, thought I'd give it a try, and now I'm hooked. Chocolate flavor is OK, but vanilla is heavenly.

Amazon.com: Reserveage Organics - Whey Protein Grass-Fed Vanilla 12.7 oz: Health & Personal Care

I also use this one, but only because I got it at a really good price (almost half off what amazon sells it for):
                        Amazon.com: ImmunoPro Protein Whey: Health & Personal Care
                        I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Use a customised mixed one from proteinwork uk
                          Mix of 3 whey blends buy 4kg bulk for the 20% discount !

London UK

Comment

I had this one bookmarked sometime ago, but never got around to buying it.

Amazon.com: Whey Protein Isolate Vanilla 2 Pounds: Health & Personal Care

Zero carb and no artificial sweeteners.

Comment

Mine.

BioTRUST Nutrition - BioTrust Low Carb

Comment

Working...
                              X