No announcement yet.

Black coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to hate black coffee but now since ditching dairy . I really like it, I usually in this hot weather over here at the moment 32c in UK !!
    Iced espresso !!!

London

Comment

Need to get myself some good coffee!

Comment

I put a tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter, 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, and freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon, then blend in the coffee pot with my immersion blender. Yummy and quick. And I used to hate black coffee too, but this method has helped me transition to the point that I can enjoy a cup of black coffee now.

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
        *I like https://www.alterracoffee.com/, as their coffee is very good, and their website has "flavor profiles" to help you identify and select coffees you like. I've found I'll like just about anything with a low acidity rating.
        Thanks for this, just ordered a couple different bags to try out!

Comment

Weak coffee puts me in a terrible mood. I am not kidding. Something about it PISSES ME OFF.

I would just go for it.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Seconding the idea of trying cold-brewed coffee. I still drink mine with cream but I can actually enjoy sips of it black before I give in and go for the cream.

Here's the method I use:
            How To Make Cold-Brew Coffee | The Feed

Comment

Originally posted by diene View Post
              Yes, you take out a scoop of coconut oil, add it to the coffee, and then blend it in the blender. The coconut oil emulsifies, turning the coffee milky. It also tastes creamy. It's great if you're not too lazy to blend your coffee every day and CLEAN your blender every day.

Yep that's what I DO! And I always use awesome locally roasted coffee, or some bulletproof coffee, and I use an aeropress, or a french press, or a pour over chemex if I'm feeling fancy.

Sometimes I cheat with putting a little bit of raw unfiltered honey into it post blending.

And I have some Xylitol around that I make certain is made from North American hardwood and not Chinese GMO corn.

All good stuff. Preparing it this way especially with Coconut oil it's kind of filling, and the pour over methods all ensure that it's lower in acidity than a percolator.
              Living the dream - One life at a time!

Comment

Black coffee is surprisingly good, kind of sweet. Don't do decaf, though. Try a real espresso, a coffee with espresso added to it or French press coffee. Your first forays into the black may be easier if the coffee still has the rich texture of coffee with cream.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Make it stronger- the flavor is worse when the coffee is weak. Use good quality coffee.* Think about french press or cold press, both of which make it less bitter and more smooth.
                  This right here.

Drip coffee takes a bit of getting used to black but french pressed is great right off the bat, with quality coffee that is. Coffee quality helps all around though even with drip.

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                  Your first forays into the black may be easier if the coffee still has the rich texture of coffee with cream.
                  and this^. French pressed coffee has a very creamy texture.

Comment

Make it stronger- the flavor is worse when the coffee is weak. Use good quality coffee.* Think about french press or cold press, both of which make it less bitter and more smooth.
                    This. Quality absolutely makes all the difference. Once you drink it for a few days, you get used to it, and dare I say prefer it on a regular basis. I add 1/2 and 1/2 to hot coffee once in a while (maybe once a few weeks or once a month), but that's about it.

I would say the thing that really made my transition easier was having it iced -- specifically iced Americano, not iced coffee. Iced Americano tastes much more potent (read: delicious) than iced coffee, so that really eased my transition into drinking it black.

Comment

Working...
                    X