Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to say to people who just won't let it go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow16 View Post
    My 19 y.o. daughter is having similar problems with her friends. She even told me that she would like to have a proper diagnosis so that it would shut them up (although I'm not too sure that it will shut them up). I have advised her to not talk about her food choices with her friends at all and, if they make any comments, to tell them it's her life and her choice.

I am going to take her to the doctor to see about celiac testing but, since she isn't eating gluten, I have read that the blood tests are useless. I did advise her to say that she is wheat intolerant, which she is since she gets stomach pain whenever she eats wheat, until we can figure this out.
    "It makes me sick" can be a really good reason when said with feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      "It makes me sick" can be a really good reason when said with feeling.
      I'll pass this on to her. Thanks!

Comment

I guess try a nice approach first, if you are that committed to keeping her as a friend. If that doesn't work, next time she tells you to just eat that tortilla/bun/whatever tell her, "I can't, carbs make me gain weight. Here, you eat it, clearly the weight gain doesn't bother you."

Comment

Tell her that if she can recite the ingredient list of the soda she's drinking from memory, you'll take her seriously.

If that doesn't work, tell her that if she doesn't stop you'll sneak some pork fat into her food when she's not looking.
          "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Originally posted by Badkty22 View Post
            "I can't, carbs make me gain weight. Here, you eat it, clearly the weight gain doesn't bother you."
            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Working...
            X