Magnesium and ..err.. wiping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnesium and ..err.. wiping

Has anyone else taking magnesium noticed the side effect of using like 3x the amount of toilet paper compared to before? It's like... instead of coming out in convenient discrete amounts it now comes out in a continuous extrusion. Sorry if this is gross. I think I'm going to stop taking mag though because this is so annoying, it takes like 5 extra minutes out of my day!

You can titrate the dosage down a little. I have noticed the similar "results", I have found 1 teaspoon is a "safe" amount for me (M, 36, 190, 15% bf).

Comment

too much at a time. take half in the a.m., half in the evening.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

What kind of magnesium are you taking? Some kinds will do this to me, but I've noticed that magnesium glycinate doesn't (so obviously I take that). I also take a relatively small dose, usually 200mg.

Comment

Baby wipes.

Comment

Hi, can I ask why you feel you require magnesium, as a supplement?

Comment

A sign of too much magnesium perhaps? Lower your dose!
              Sandra
              *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Milk of Mag is magnesium. It's well known for it's laxative effect. Scale back the dose or try a different form of the mineral.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Fellini View Post
                  What kind of magnesium are you taking? Some kinds will do this to me, but I've noticed that magnesium glycinate doesn't (so obviously I take that). I also take a relatively small dose, usually 200mg.
                  Duh. Don't know why I forgot to mention that. Yeah, you need a chelated form of magnesium to get the most out of it and the least "problems". Any -ate > any -ide, and glycinate is arguably the best choice of all.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

This too will pass, i posit that you need the release

let it ride
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

I forgot to add I'm using Natural Calm's mag citrate.

Comment

Do you have a pressure washer? That'll get the job done in much less than 5 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          Do you have a pressure washer? That'll get the job done in much less than 5 minutes!
                          HAH! I think they call them "bidets", and I would suggest getting one you can attach to your toilet, regardless of the magnesium. They are quite nice!

Comment

Originally posted by stoney56 View Post
                            I forgot to add I'm using Natural Calm's mag citrate.
                            My wife and I take this also. 1-1/2 teaspoons in the morning and again in the evening. I believe that works out to about 600mg/day of mag. We worked up to it slowly to ensure against the laxative effect.

Comment

I was taking Natural Calm too and had to stop, half a teaspoon at night, it did wonders for my sleep, but after a couple days every morning I was having multiple trips to the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X