No announcement yet.

Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good suggestions Sabine & Noodletoy! Thank you!

Comment

• Update! Egg Diet Adventures

Comment

• Awesome, EggGirl. I'm jealous -- in a good way.

I gave it a day, but full disclaimer: I have no satiety signals when it comes to low-carb. I wish I did, really. By lunchtime, I had demolished the full dozen hardboiled eggs and was still looking for food. I made up for it later in the afternoon and evening.

I know LC doesn't work for me, but that never seems to stop me from experimenting with these things! I wish you the best, and I hope when you transition to adding more foods, the weight stays off for you!

I have to stick in the potato monofood-diet camp. Plus coffee. And maybe protein. Tri-food diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
          Awesome, EggGirl. I'm jealous -- in a good way.

I gave it a day, but full disclaimer: I have no satiety signals when it comes to low-carb. I wish I did, really. By lunchtime, I had demolished the full dozen hardboiled eggs and was still looking for food. I made up for it later in the afternoon and evening.

I know LC doesn't work for me, but that never seems to stop me from experimenting with these things! I wish you the best, and I hope when you transition to adding more foods, the weight stays off for you!

I have to stick in the potato monofood-diet camp. Plus coffee. And maybe protein. Tri-food diet.
          I totally get it! I am a big believer in finding what works for your body and what works for you mentally as well. More than anything I think it is awesome you are committed to keep trying until you get to the place you want to be. We will keep working on it! Thank you for your support! <3

Comment

• Originally posted by EggGirl View Post
            I think it is awesome you are committed to keep trying until you get to the place you want to be. We will keep working on it! Thank you for your support! <3
            No problem

Actually in the interest of full reporting and so I have something to read back on myself -- while my egg day was certainly not solely about eggs and therefore I probably ate more than usual, and yesterday was my "usual" food with maybe a higher focus on protein, I weighed myself at the gym this morning and was a pound or two down my usual average the last few months.

I'll be replicating what I did in the last two days soon; dozen eggs and all (I know I have some deficiencies, i'm sure those would fill some) and maybe I'll see the 194lb marker that I haven't seen since, oh, February maybe. Today and tomorrow is an exclusion to my regularly scheduled programming, but hopefully when I get to weigh myself again on Monday I'll see some results.

I knew the internet wouldn't let me down and someone would have already made this:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
              No problem

Actually in the interest of full reporting and so I have something to read back on myself -- while my egg day was certainly not solely about eggs and therefore I probably ate more than usual, and yesterday was my "usual" food with maybe a higher focus on protein, I weighed myself at the gym this morning and was a pound or two down my usual average the last few months.

I'll be replicating what I did in the last two days soon; dozen eggs and all (I know I have some deficiencies, i'm sure those would fill some) and maybe I'll see the 194lb marker that I haven't seen since, oh, February maybe. Today and tomorrow is an exclusion to my regularly scheduled programming, but hopefully when I get to weigh myself again on Monday I'll see some results.

I knew the internet wouldn't let me down and someone would have already made this:

Lovin' the image!
              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• O.K. EggGirl, you've inspired me. I start the egg diet tomorrow. I'm not going to have a set amount of time/days but I'm going to try for at least 10 days.

Comment

• Just wanted to give you an update on my progress. I've been a bit more liberal with my food than you were but it doesn't seem to have hurt ( ex. Hard boiled eggs chopped on lettuce with oil/vinegar for dressing). I'm also eating extra fat (egg coffee with MCT oil).

Now to be honest I am not sure how much of the loss is due to diet or lack of appetite from my debilitating migraine, but I don't really care at this point.

Day 0 (7/25): 142.4
                  Day 6 (7/31): 135.7

Not too shabby! I hope I can break 130 before the family returns home on the 5th!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• I'm thinking about structuring a six day a week egg diet with one day a week of a sort of liver and/or seafood re-feed with no quantity limit. I think this would do the calorie cycling thing plus cover anything that might be missing nutritionally in just eggs.

As soon as I use up some stuff in my fridge, I'm going to give it a go.

Comment

• I am sooo tempted to try this, to lose weight and break a sugar addiction. I might add in regular food at supper, since I am nursing and don't want to lose my supply yet.

I might start Aug 12 after my daughter's birthday party on the 11th.

I've also just found a local farm that has free range eggs for $2.75/ dozen. Yay! I wonder if she'll think I'm crazy for 6-8 dozen a week.

I'm also very curious to know if the OP will keep the weight off or not....
                      Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                      34yrs old, 5'5"
                      CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                      GW: 135lbs or less
                      Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

• UPDATE:
                        Egg Diet Adventures

Comment

• Ugh, I got bored of hard-boiled eggs for lunch the first day I did this I need some mustard or something for them.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Ugh, I got bored of hard-boiled eggs for lunch the first day I did this I need some mustard or something for them.
                            Yep! I had to use some spicy brown mustard to make them go down easier. I think I'm gonna make egg salad w/ homemade mayo and eat that way or on a lettuce leaf.

Comment

• I salted the crap out of mine

Comment

• At one point the OP mentioned using hot sauce. I found Frank's Red Hot to be just what the boiled eggs needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X