Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Jaw. On. Floor.
    20 pounds in 20 days!!

    *trundles off to find herself a few dozen eggs*
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

    Oscar Wilde

    Comment


    • #92
      Now the question is: will the weight loss be sustainable or will it creep back on once you start eating regular, non junk food?

      Keep us updated!
      Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
      34yrs old, 5'5"
      CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
      GW: 135lbs or less
      Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Sigi View Post
        Jaw. On. Floor.
        20 pounds in 20 days!!

        *trundles off to find herself a few dozen eggs*
        I am shocked too! Especially with the sugar day! Thank you for following and encouraging!

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
          Now the question is: will the weight loss be sustainable or will it creep back on once you start eating regular, non junk food?

          Keep us updated!
          Yes!!! You are so right. This is the real question. As I started this experiment I knew a bounce back was a possibility and actually quit probable. However if it is just a water bounce back and I can continue losing in a healthy primal way I still think it all would have been worth it. Also I was wear my size 12 dresses in the beginning and now I am back in my 8's. I went down a pants size too. I am going to continue updating for at least a month after the experiment is over so you all can see the after story and the longer term results.

          Comment


          • #95
            I just worked the macros through of 12 eggs plus cooking fat per day. It is just about 1000 calories (depending on how free a hand you take with the butter). It's just a tectch over 70% fat and a tetch under 30% protein. That is damn near perfect from the ketosis pov.

            Of all the mono-food hacks around here, this one seems like it would be the easiest to follow. Nothing to weigh and measure. Plus it covers the nutritional bases better.

            I can see the steakaneggz thing working well for the heavy lifting dude-bros that are looking to put on mass but the protein levels in this are just fine for normal people. Potatoes (no matter how much Otzi tries to tell you about their "complete" protein) just don't have enough protein to prevent muscle catabolism.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I just worked the macros through of 12 eggs plus cooking fat per day. It is just about 1000 calories (depending on how free a hand you take with the butter). It's just a tectch over 70% fat and a tetch under 30% protein. That is damn near perfect from the ketosis pov.

              Of all the mono-food hacks around here, this one seems like it would be the easiest to follow. Nothing to weigh and measure. Plus it covers the nutritional bases better.

              I can see the steakaneggz thing working well for the heavy lifting dude-bros that are looking to put on mass but the protein levels in this are just fine for normal people. Potatoes (no matter how much Otzi tries to tell you about their "complete" protein) just don't have enough protein to prevent muscle catabolism.
              I didn't even think about losing muscle....I certainly hope I am not, I have been lifting weights and eating when I am hungry....so info though. I only eat steak about once a month...so I could never do that and potatoes would be way to many carbs for me....I don't think I would stick with it.

              I don't use butter, I have been using about a teaspoon of coconut oil when I scramble the eggs and nothing when I eat them hard boiled.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by EggGirl View Post
                I didn't even think about losing muscle....I certainly hope I am not, I have been lifting weights and eating when I am hungry....so info though. I only eat steak about once a month...so I could never do that and potatoes would be way to many carbs for me....I don't think I would stick with it.

                I don't use butter, I have been using about a teaspoon of coconut oil when I scramble the eggs and nothing when I eat them hard boiled.
                I don't think the lifting you are doing is a problem at all. I'm talking about the really heavy duty power lifting stuff.

                Comment


                • #98
                  On an egg n' meat diet myself. This thread has been highly encouraging. Nice blog design by the way, minimalistic to go along with the theme of a simple diet.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Speaking of 'complete protein', I was just thinking today about when I read 'Diet for a Small Planet' way back in the day. As I remember, she compared vegetarian combinations to the 'complete' protein of eggs, to see if they were nutritionally sound.

                    Comment


                    • Great job, EggGirl. I might try a day or two worth of this and see how it goes from there. I could use a little kickstart.

                      Comment


                      • I just read your whole blog egg girl. Thank you for posting. I started primal eating around 6 weeks ago, and lost a dress size in around 10 days, then had a five day chocolate binge and gained it all back! I've been back on the wagon but its not shifting quite as easily this time and I've had more cravings. After reading your blog I just had four eggs for lunch and feel so satisfied! Might try an egg fast for a few days or even eggs for breakfast and lunch and primal dinner so my boyfriend doesn't have a fit! Lol. He's not onboard with primal eating at all which makes things tougher. Good luck with your transition into primal eating

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hollyjane View Post
                          I just read your whole blog egg girl. Thank you for posting. I started primal eating around 6 weeks ago, and lost a dress size in around 10 days, then had a five day chocolate binge and gained it all back! I've been back on the wagon but its not shifting quite as easily this time and I've had more cravings. After reading your blog I just had four eggs for lunch and feel so satisfied! Might try an egg fast for a few days or even eggs for breakfast and lunch and primal dinner so my boyfriend doesn't have a fit! Lol. He's not onboard with primal eating at all which makes things tougher. Good luck with your transition into primal eating
                          Thank you HollyJane! I can certainly relate with the chocolate binge. This system seems to completely take away my cravings after a few days. WEll, at least physical cravings. I still want the junk/sugar if I smell it or see it at a social engagement. If you try it I would love to hear how it goes!! xoxo

                          Comment


                          • UPDATE: Egg Diet Adventures: Egg Diet Update Day 22

                            Comment


                            • I tried to comment, but had issues with the sign in, so here's my comment.

                              For your starting back menu, I would suggest not so many fruits and vegetables for your first days back. Not because they are bad, but because after 3+ weeks of mostly protein and fat, your gut flora might have difficulties reacting to the carbs. One small serving per meal, with no stand-alone fruit/veg(as in your snack) may be a better starting point. If four or five days of that gives you no problems, then you could slowly increase the amount.

                              Comment


                              • w00t!!! well done!!!

                                agree with sabine about the gradual transition back. those raw salad veggies may be a bit of a chore for your gi tract. you may also want to consider just eating sufficiently big meals rather than counting on having a snack.
                                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                                Ernest Hemingway

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X