Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    And you are now back on track and even a half pound down from your slight fall off the wagon. That is awesome!

As soon as I use up some perishable things in my fridge, I plan on giving this egg plan a try. I am already keto adapted so it will be interesting to see the difference between my results and yours given that you come from eating a lot of carbs and sugar whereas those things have been out of my diet for a long time.

Thanks for sticking with this. We are interested to continue following your progress.
    I can't wait to see the difference in results.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

UPDATE:Egg Diet Adventures

I have been trying not to be a little discouraged that I missed up the other day. I have this feeling I would have already been in the 160's. Only 6 days left. Do you think I will make it to 169? I know it is just a number but I think it would be really encouraging.

Comment

Hello Egg Girl! I've been following your experiment with much interest and have decided to join you. I am so impressed at how well you have stuck to your eating plan. It has definitely paid off for you. Your weight loss is impressive!

Yesterday was a "transition" day (dinner was very low carb but not eggs) , and today will be my first full day. Starting tomorrow the rest of my family will be out of town for 10 days so the timing to try this couldn't be more perfect.

Some of my bad eating habits have started to creep back in and as a result my weight has been inching upwards. I'm hoping this will help me get my act together.

Goal weight: ~120.
        Stats:
        Day 0 (7/25): 142.4
        Day 1 (7/26): 139.9

Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by beckie View Post
          Hello Egg Girl! I've been following your experiment with much interest and have decided to join you. I am so impressed at how well you have stuck to your eating plan. It has definitely paid off for you. Your weight loss is impressive!

Yesterday was a "transition" day (dinner was very low carb but not eggs) , and today will be my first full day. Starting tomorrow the rest of my family will be out of town for 10 days so the timing to try this couldn't be more perfect.

Some of my bad eating habits have started to creep back in and as a result my weight has been inching upwards. I'm hoping this will help me get my act together.

Goal weight: ~120.
          Stats:
          Day 0 (7/25): 142.4
          Day 1 (7/26): 139.9

Wish me luck!
          That is great! I am so glad you will have to the time to take for yourself. I would love to learn from your experience as well! Wishing you the best of luck! Keep me updated!!

Comment

Originally posted by EggGirl View Post
            UPDATE:Egg Diet Adventures

I have been trying not to be a little discouraged that I missed up the other day. I have this feeling I would have already been in the 160's. Only 6 days left. Do you think I will make it to 169? I know it is just a number but I think it would be really encouraging.
            Sometimes an extreme diet comes down to a struggle of will, mind over matter. A too-strict diet will eventually result in binging. Willpower is a short-term strategy for short-term weight loss. You're in this for the long haul. Learn from what you're doing and don't beat yourself up over results.

I tried to do a dozen egg yolks a day and fell off on day 3. I wasn't getting enough protein. I was starting to supplement with gelatin, but I don't know if it was too late or that wouldn't have done it anyway. I still like eggs.

Comment

Good for you with sticking with this! And for deciding on primal for August I must say I'm most curious about how your body responds once you go back to a more varied diet. Based on your little hiccup it seems your water/inflammation loss was 5 lbs (since that is what came back overnight). I sure hope you find it easy to keep the weight off! Looking forward to the rest of your updates and hopefully some in August

Comment

Update:Egg Diet Adventures <3

Comment

you're doing so great!!!!

the sugar binge day was actually a great lesson, please don't see it as a failure.

i have been "mostly eggs" with some other animal protein in there and am feeling great and down 7 pounds, but MUCH less bloated. i feel sooooooooooooooo much better and like i am reining in the lazy habits i'd fallen back into.

thanks for the inspiration!
                  Last edited by noodletoy; 07-27-2013, 05:51 AM.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

You inspired me to make some boiled eggs and I wound up eating 6 for lunch yesterday. Six boiled eggs is too many in one sitting... Blerg!

But you're are doing fantastic!
                    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

I've recently been thinking about something similar, because my food cravings are ridiculous and food prep (now that I'm working 50+ hours a week) is a headache. If i could just get 2-3 weeks under my belt and sugar detox, it would help me move forward again.

So been curious what would it might like (for 3 weeks) to focus on 3-4 easy or no-prep food items and nothing else. Have mostly been thinking about... boiled eggs, bananas and avocado. Though some bacon for good measure wouldn't hurt.
                      My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
                        Good for you with sticking with this! And for deciding on primal for August I must say I'm most curious about how your body responds once you go back to a more varied diet. Based on your little hiccup it seems your water/inflammation loss was 5 lbs (since that is what came back overnight). I sure hope you find it easy to keep the weight off! Looking forward to the rest of your updates and hopefully some in August
                        Thank you!! I am super curious too! I will keep updating the blog throughout the month of August and will include my weight. I am hopeful the weight will stay down. I'm feeling really good.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                          you're doing so great!!!!

the sugar binge day was actually a great lesson, please don't see it as a failure.

i have been "mostly eggs" with some other animal protein in there and am feeling great and down 7 pounds, but MUCH less bloated. i feel sooooooooooooooo much better and like i am reining in the lazy habits i'd fallen back into.

thanks for the inspiration!
                          You are so right, I did learn a lot from the sugar binge. I just had feeling out of control and a slave to sugar. However it felt empowering to dust myself off and move forward. Thank you so much for your encouragement. 7 pounds down!!! So awesome!!!! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                            You inspired me to make some boiled eggs and I wound up eating 6 for lunch yesterday. Six boiled eggs is too many in one sitting... Blerg!

But you're are doing fantastic!
                            Thank you! You are right, I find about 4 eggs at a time is about right for me. Be well!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DashFire View Post
                              I've recently been thinking about something similar, because my food cravings are ridiculous and food prep (now that I'm working 50+ hours a week) is a headache. If i could just get 2-3 weeks under my belt and sugar detox, it would help me move forward again.

So been curious what would it might like (for 3 weeks) to focus on 3-4 easy or no-prep food items and nothing else. Have mostly been thinking about... boiled eggs, bananas and avocado. Though some bacon for good measure wouldn't hurt.
                              I totally get your reasons....those are a lot of the reasons I decided to do this too. Let me know if you try and it and how you feel. Of course it is a short term thing but it helped me get back into control and not obsess over food each day.

Comment

Update:Egg Diet Adventures

Comment

Working...
                                X