Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Read by update here:Egg Diet Adventures

    I am using local organic free range eggs but I am not sure if they are omega enhanced or not. They are free a local farm. The first week I bought them from the store and they were omega enhanced but then my friend told me about seaside farms and I wanted to buy local. They are so good!

    Comment


    • #47
      If you're not eating the industrial seed oils The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG
      and if you are eating mostly grass fed critters, I don't really think the O3 enhanced eggs are anything you really need. Also include some seafood in the mix and you are fine.

      It's great that you have a local organic source of high quality eggs. It may be that some people who think they get a sensitivity to eggs if they eat them too much are really sensitive to the antibiotics and other chemicals pumped into factory egg laying birds.

      Just checked your update. Holy Egg Yolks, Batman. 18 lbs in 11 days! Wow. Impressive.

      Normally I don't like mono food crash fad diet type things but I think this is more like the OP hitting a system reset button. This may be a way for someone with substantial weight to lose and also a seriously carb/sugar geared metabolism to get things back on track.

      Please keep up the updates.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        If you're not eating the industrial seed oils The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG
        and if you are eating mostly grass fed critters, I don't really think the O3 enhanced eggs are anything you really need. Also include some seafood in the mix and you are fine.

        It's great that you have a local organic source of high quality eggs. It may be that some people who think they get a sensitivity to eggs if they eat them too much are really sensitive to the antibiotics and other chemicals pumped into factory egg laying birds.

        Just checked your update. Holy Egg Yolks, Batman. 18 lbs in 11 days! Wow. Impressive.

        Normally I don't like mono food crash fad diet type things but I think this is more like the OP hitting a system reset button. This may be a way for someone with substantial weight to lose and also a seriously carb/sugar geared metabolism to get things back on track.

        Please keep up the updates.
        Good info and Suggestions! Thank you! I may need to add some fish or nuts. We will see. The weight loss has stopped so far....but I hope I can get a couple more out of all this.

        Comment


        • #49
          Update:Egg Diet Adventures

          Comment


          • #50
            I had a cousin who lost a significant amount of weight back in the 70's - I am guessing 50#, eating all eggs. I think she just did all hard boiled. She was a teenager also, maybe early 20's.
            65lbs gone and counting!!

            Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by fcby9 View Post
              White or brown? (I'm not sure what difference color makes, but brown eggs are just more appealing to me personally.)
              Colour makes absolutely no nutritional difference - it's merely reflective of the colouring of the hen herself.

              Where I live, I have found it very difficult to locate white eggs any more (from what I understand, that kind of hen is less productive). It's a bummer - white eggs are what you really need to get good results when dyeing hard-boiled eggs for Easter.

              ***

              Hello EggGirl! I'm watching your experiment with interest, and cheering you on. I love eggs - hope you still do too, after all this!
              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

              Oscar Wilde

              Comment


              • #52
                Eggirl, have you considered a nutritional ketogenic plan? Plenty of fat and very low carb. At least you can have some variety with your eggs. I love eggs, but dayum! I admire your perserverance. Keep up the good work.
                Last edited by Paleo0731; 07-21-2013, 04:15 AM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  have kept at this, but slightly less hard-core than the op.

                  eggs and more eggs, with some avocado and butter, most of the week. thursday night i had sashimi and wee bit of sushi for dinner because i had an unquenchable craving for sea urchin, so had. to. have. it. with some salmon roe/quail egg and yellowtail. handful of almonds after, but it was only for want of something crunchy. i only ate about 1/2 an ounce and put the rest back in the bag because i was too full!

                  friday was 3 eggs in the morning and then dinner we had lobster and shrimp. lobster is super cheap again this summer, so we eat lots. both critters are excellent butter vehicles.

                  yesterday was 3 eggs + 3 strips bacon and dinner was 8 oz(weighed raw) burger with some kerrygold cheddar.

                  BUT!!! gah!! b/f had brought home some local fruit from the farmer's market, so i decided to splurge on less than 1/2 a peach with some local organic cream. a few hours later the sugar cravings were as bad as if i had eaten 79 pounds of skittles. jeebus.

                  even with the days off, i am down 5 pounds, but "feel smaller" -- less bloated -- so my clothes are fitting better. the appetite suppression and feeling of satiety are unbelievable.

                  will have eggs for all meals again today and most of the week, but will add in some liver pate too.

                  am taking a magnesium supp ( like always) so no change at all in my bathroom patterns.

                  thanks again, egg girl!

                  oh, am using all local, organic, pastured (for realz) eggs.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                  – Ernest Hemingway

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Hey Egg girl! Great work so far, and thanks for your honest and open documentation!
                    Just curious about what you drink during the day--and sorry in advance if you have already mentioned it as I must have missed it

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by EggGirl View Post
                      Update: I added avocado yesterday.... I can't believe I am still losing though.
                      Egg Diet Adventures
                      Holy PUFA overload.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
                        Holy PUFA overload.
                        oh, for heaven's sake. the pufa's in eggs are perfectly safe.
                        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                        – Ernest Hemingway

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I wonder how is you egg fast going. I am checking you blog, but no entries since last Friday. Hope you are well.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by moon7 View Post
                            I wonder how is you egg fast going. I am checking you blog, but no entries since last Friday. Hope you are well.
                            Yes. EggGirl?????? Where did you go?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                              oh, for heaven's sake. the pufa's in eggs are perfectly safe.
                              More Peatarian nonsense along with telling people not to eat salmon.

                              OMG! The PUFAs! The Humanity! Puhleeeeze.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                During my steak and eggs trial or should I say eggs and steak (ate a minimum of 8 eggs a day for 4 weeks), I gained significant muscle and strength and lost fat. Big believer in eggs, my only suggestion is to make sure you eat organic free range eggs from local farms. The difference is nutrient content is amazing.
                                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                                https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X