Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by EggGirl View Post
    Update: I added avocado yesterday.... I can't believe I am still losing though.
    Egg Diet Adventures
    You should grab some olive oil and try making some homemade mayonnaise for some egg salad/deviled eggs. Check the recipe forum or even do a simple google search, there are an endless number of recipes out there.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Misabi View Post
      You're eating between 800 and 1400 calories (depending on egg size). Not that surprising that your losing weight.

      Have you tried following the primal blueprint as it's written to see what results you get? Rather than essentially crash dieting (albeit getting all that eggy goodness, so I guess there are worse ways if your going to do it) until you're "finished" and then switching to primal.
      I think she has a great plan. Imagine how AMAZING primal food is going to taste after having only eggs for an extended period of time. It should make staying primal much easier.
      The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

      Comment


      • #18
        Tried quoting Paleobird's post, but for some reason when I hit the quote button it was actually showing a completely random post about almond bars by another poster! Bizarre.

        Re: using a mono-food diet as a way to break bad habits etc. That's a fair point, we all need to find our own way whether it's like this, going cild turkey 100% strict paleo, paleo Mon-Fri and treat yourself on weekends, etc.

        I guess the main point of my comment was around the OP's caloric intake from eating only 12 or so eggs per day.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

        Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          Yep, if you are going to pick a mono food diet, you could definitely do worse than eggs (cabbage soup and the spudfest come to mind).
          The Cabbage Soup Diet ... *eye twitches*

          In all seriousness, I find this whole "Egg Diet" approach interesting. Not something I can see myself doing, but it's an interesting experiment.
          My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
          (I try to update ... once in awhile)


          Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
          Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
          (Red Dwarf)

          Comment


          • #20
            I can see doing it as sort of a one week "reset" plan perhaps if you had let things wander too far from Primal basics.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I can see doing it as sort of a one week "reset" plan perhaps if you had let things wander too far from Primal basics.
              (Yay, the quoting is working on my phone app again)

              Agreed, even for longer. It's not much different from the S&E diet experiment, after all. I just can't help wondering how long it'll be before the wheels fall off if the OP maintains the low calories.. Unless of course they are a) quite small, b) eating very large eggs, or c)I'm just missing something.
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

              Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

              Comment


              • #22
                for whatever reason i had missed that s&e experiment and saw the op's mention of egg fast and blog yesterday.

                am having hormonal and stress issues, plus changed jobs and my weight has crept up. am mostly lc, and for the last 6 weeks, am not eating the way i have for 4 years. blergh. i feel like garbage.

                started my own egg/fat fast today and i feel good! drank tea and water.

                ate 12 hb eggs, 2 T of kerrygold and 2 oz. cheddar cheese. tomorrow i will up the butter and not have cheese, i think.

                just "to see" i plugged this into cronometer: 1277 kcals, 86 gms of protein (plenty for me), 6 gms carbs and 102 gms of fat. not krazee low-cal, and great percents for keto.

                will go the rest of the week like this and may break on the weekend, but may not. we shall see.

                op, thanks for planting the seed.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                Ernest Hemingway

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  for whatever reason i had missed that s&e experiment and saw the op's mention of egg fast and blog yesterday.

                  am having hormonal and stress issues, plus changed jobs and my weight has crept up. am mostly lc, and for the last 6 weeks, am not eating the way i have for 4 years. blergh. i feel like garbage.

                  started my own egg/fat fast today and i feel good! drank tea and water.

                  ate 12 hb eggs, 2 T of kerrygold and 2 oz. cheddar cheese. tomorrow i will up the butter and not have cheese, i think.

                  just "to see" i plugged this into cronometer: 1277 kcals, 86 gms of protein (plenty for me), 6 gms carbs and 102 gms of fat. not krazee low-cal, and great percents for keto.

                  will go the rest of the week like this and may break on the weekend, but may not. we shall see.

                  op, thanks for planting the seed.
                  What does Op mean? I just had to ask! Also, Thanks for joining me! I'll be interested to see how you feel and if it helps you!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                    (Yay, the quoting is working on my phone app again)

                    Agreed, even for longer. It's not much different from the S&E diet experiment, after all. I just can't help wondering how long it'll be before the wheels fall off if the OP maintains the low calories.. Unless of course they are a) quite small, b) eating very large eggs, or c)I'm just missing something.
                    Yes Paleobird hit the nail on the head. To give you a much fuller history on me... I am 33 years old, 5'7'' and used to be over 350 pounds. I lost the weight through very strict calorie restriction and a lot of exercise. I got down to 150. Then I developed an eating disorder afraid to gain the weight back. I routinely starved myself but later would end up binging. My weight stayed at 150 for about a year but I was miserable. As I started to heal from the eating disorder I started to gain weight and the cycle of shame and food issues were a cycle of pain. I am trying to lose the weight I gained during this time but traditional methods still led me to binge. If I had known more about primal I probably would have tried it. However I was desperate for change so I started the egg experiment and want to follow through. It amazes me that I am losing weight because I am actually eating, not over exercising, I feel good and my cravings are gone. To me that is a miracle and I have NEVER lost weight this fast for so long. I keep waiting for it to stop no matter how my calories are..... so that is a little peek into my life.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by EggGirl View Post
                      What does Op mean? I just had to ask! Also, Thanks for joining me! I'll be interested to see how you feel and if it helps you!
                      OP = original poster :-)
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                      Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Update:Egg Diet Adventures

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                          OP = original poster :-)

                          Ahhhh, makes sense! Thank you!!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You are doing great!

                            I have done egg fast few times with great success. I usually added meat after 3 days and still got great results. I am starting on egg fast today myself because I slipped from LC and have horrible cravings.
                            Good luck!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by EggGirl View Post

                              wow, your weight loss is amazing!

                              am only on day 2 and feel good so far!

                              curious why you picked 21 days?
                              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                              Ernest Hemingway

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                                wow, your weight loss is amazing!

                                am only on day 2 and feel good so far!

                                curious why you picked 21 days?
                                Honestly, I have no idea why I picked 21 days! A month seemed to long but I knew I needed a good stretch of control before I could start expanding my diet. 21 days seemed like a good amount of time. Now that I am doing it I kind of wish I had picked 14 days but once I commit to something I really like to see it through. On day 22 I am going to switch to primal, however it will be my first time trying primal...so I hope to educate myself now so I can do it the wisest way possible. I know primal is something that I could live with for life. I like all the foods and they are natural. I will just have to go easy on the fruit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X