Ideas to keep kids interested in breakfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas to keep kids interested in breakfast

Wow, the Cream of Wheat folks were really willing to do anything to get kids eating that slop, eh?

Witness an ad from 1956:

Wait, this isn't primal is it?

OMG - that is just... WRONG.

Ugh - I've always hated that stuff.

Comment

Haha, my brother and I probably would have tried that... once we were old enough to get our own breakfasts in the morning, we decided that if other meals had dessert, breakfast should too. Mom was so mad.... (and she wonders why I don't want to have kids! duh, they'd turn out like me...)

Comment

i bet that ice cream is made from pimento.
        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Nah, cream of wheat is for chocolate chips, not strawberry ice cream!

Comment

Cream of Wheat, butter, pecans, and peaches, all in the same bowl, all coated in sugar. I loved that growing up. Unfortunately, I also had to had the heavy syrup canned peaches, making it even worse...
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

I loved the stuff as a kid, though with a nice layer of brown sugar rather than ice cream

My 13 year old son loves breakfast of a mixing bowl sized portion of rice krispies with chocolate milk...sigh. Still working on that.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
              X