No announcement yet.

What one food makes you feel the best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The food i eat directly after fasting for 20h. That one is so good! Its like magic for the taste buds.

Comment

Chocolate. It was one of the hardest things for me to give up. Sometimes I substitute with dark chocolate, but then I tend to have to much. Way too much. Like a block a day.

Comment

BBQ for me.
        Last edited by PBNewby; 07-16-2013, 05:40 AM.
        Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
        Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
        "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
        "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
        "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

Anything with the combination of coconut & lime! Ah just the smell of lime zest makes me happier than a kid at a candystore

Comment

On regular days: coffee and chocolate.
            Once a week or so: bunless Five Guys cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce (with a few fries).
            My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
            (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
            Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
            (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Seconding raw oysters. Probably my favorite food in the world.

Also, like everyone else, coffee is my crack. Post-workout, I blend up 8oz chilled coffee, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, a raw egg, and 2 scoops chocolate Primal Fuel. Afterwards I feel like the Hulk. So awesome.

Comment

Apples
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

OMFG don't tease me!!!!!!!!! I am so hungry right now and I am having an internal battle with what to eat. That sushi looks orgasmic!!!

The food that makes me feel best is definitely animal protein. Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    I think I'm still too enamored of the many things I used to think of as treats, but now eat on a regular basis to be able to pick out just one thing.

Eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes.
                    Liver pate or chopped chicken livers.
                    Canned sardines or anchovies.
                    Squid or oysters.
                    A breadless grass fed beef burger smothered in guacamole and tomato.
                    Lamb burgers smothered in Tzatziki sauce.
                    Eating just bone marrow for a meal.

Hopefully, one day the list will be endless.

*sploosh* This list is amazing!

Plus--everyone is listing raw oysters, and I've only ever had the canned ones, and even those make me feel pretty good. Where's the best place to eat the raw ones? Just from restaurants?
                    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

Comment

Liver for me.

Comment

Tom Kha soup with salmon. Something about the combination of coconut milk, salmon, fish sauce and cilantro just gives me the warm fuzzies

Comment

Originally posted by elfman5150 View Post
                          Tom Kha soup with salmon. Something about the combination of coconut milk, salmon, fish sauce and cilantro just gives me the warm fuzzies

That sounds...amazing! Every food item I like combined. I've had the Thai coconut-chicken soup, is it like that, just with fish? Any recipes you suggest trying?
                          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                          --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by elfman5150 View Post
                            +1000! Tom kha makes it all better.

And probably eggs. Scrambled in buttah or poached.
                            “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
                              BBQ for me.
                              Aha, I'm not alone. My favorite desultory mindless TV show is BBQ Crawl. Ok, the host is a bit overthetop, but I like to vicariously live the lifestyle through her travels.
                              The day I start worrying about what a vegan thinks of me is the day they push my body out on a flaming Viking boat.
                              - MDA's very own Mr. Anthony

Comment

sorry but red wine and blue cheese stuffed olives

Comment

Working...
                                X