need some help with VAP test results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with VAP test results

So after being on Vitorin for a number of years and having test results that pleased my MD, I had my routine cholesterol checked a few months after starting paleo and dropping my statin drug. The numbers came back pretty high and the doctor was not happy. I told her I wanted a VAP test before I decided anything. Here are the test results and I would like feedback. I did some ratio calculations and the only ratio that was high was the total cholesterol/HDL which was 5.71.

Thanks, Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by riobuster; 07-11-2013, 11:10 AM.

bump..

Comment

I am a doctor and can probably help you if I could read the numbers. Maybe just type them out....
      "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

LDL-CHOLESTEROL ,DIR 311
        HDL-DIR 71
        VLDL 23
        CHOLESTEROL TOTAL 406
        TRIGLYCERIDES 106
        TOTAL NON-HDL CHOL 335
        Lp(a) 8
        IDL 36
        LDL-R-C 268
        SUM TOTAL LDL 311
        REAL LDL SIZE PATTERN A
        REMNANT LIPO 50
        HDL-2 19
        HDL-3 52
        VLDL-3 14
        TOTAL apo B 100-calc 201
        hdl/total 0.17
        trigly/hdl 1.49
        LDL/HDL 3.77

Comment

Again

Comment

Particle size is irrelevant when adjusted for particle count. Don't be fooled by paleo and low carb guru's telling you a high LDL is well and fine because it's "large and fluffy". With a TC and LDL that high your particle number is going to be crazy high as well. LDL is tied closely to Ldl-p unless you have all sorts of of metabolic issues. You need to drastically lower your LDL.
            Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-14-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

yeah,Particle size is irrelevant when adjusted for particle count.thank you

Comment

Hi, this isn’t my speciality but I’ll start the ball rolling and share what I know and hopefully those with more knowledge will jump in, tear it apart and we will both learn

Personally I would suggest working on getting the LDL down- you are of a similar age to me and issues relating to heart disease from prior lifestyle can create problems
                Increasing exercise and losing weight both help.
                Keep in mind none of this means you are about to pop your clogs. They are indicators of risk rather than disease
                1) LDL-CHOLESTEROL ,DIR 311
                2) HDL-DIR 71
                3) VLDL 23 < 30 "very bad" cholesterol - your value is good 4) CHOLESTEROL TOTAL 406
                5) TRIGLYCERIDES 106
                Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-14-2013, 04:26 AM.
                When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Im having a lot 8f troble posting here
                  When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                  27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                  new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Working...
                  X