Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of "superfood" supplements like this

london breakfast plan superfood raw convenient energy | GreenGateLondon.com

Lime juice powder? There's two words that don't typically go together.

What do I think? I think I'll just eat the real things, instead of the product someone is basing on the thing and trying to sell to me.

M.

Comment

I think the concept of "superfoods" is in itself a scam.

Comment

Yup its called cocoa!

But this also tends to discredit the "chocolate as a superfood" craze.

But if you like coorelation chocolate will make you win a nobel prize! Old news but its still great:

Chocolate consumption and Nobel Prizes: A bizarre juxtaposition if there ever was one | The Curious Wavefunction, Scientific American Blog Network

Comment

I think eggs are a superfood. And bacon, and steak and...

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
            I think eggs are a superfood. And bacon, and steak and...
            and...

liver.

and oysters.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Very few superfoods worth their price, except foods such as; Brewers yeast, Cocoa powder, Gelatin, and a few more... But what is really a "superfood" - I find the concept somehow meaningless, food and eating is basically about context and not about special food products...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Snake oil.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                  Snake oil.
                  as superfood?

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

If the snake is organic
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

If the snake is organic
                      True dat! I always put a splash of organic lime juice in my snake oil...
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Café this morning:

Two ladies buying coffee and inspecting the volleyball-sized muffins. "oh my god that chocolate one looks so yummy... but I should probably be healthy and get the cranberry one instead. did you know cranberries are a superfood?"
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

If the snake is organic
                          Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                          True dat! I always put a splash of organic lime juice in my snake oil...
                          as long as the snake ain't no stinkin' vegan.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

IMO, there are good foods and there are things that pretend to be foods. There are no super foods. There is no Superman. Unicorn turds may be the exception.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time and money on that if I were you. While just eat real, unprocessed foods. Your body will respond positively to that change!

Comment

Working...
                              X