No announcement yet.

Are we really supposed to eat animals? Fruit seems a more natural choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A population grows as large as the food source allows and the human brain is really good at figuring out ways to survive.

Primal man would not be thinking about the moral aspects of eating meat, he would have eaten what was available to survive. Maybe that was fruit at one point, but eventually the population would outgrow the fruit supply as long as there was another food source capable of sustaining us (such as animal flesh). The fact that we can eat such varied diets is evidence of this.

There is no "humans got it wrong". That assumes that there is a "right" way. There is no right way. There is survival or death.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      No there aren't.
      If vegans are so smart, why are they vegans?

Comment

Originally posted by MaceyUK View Post
        Apes that eat mostly plants are hairy...we aren't. The reason for this is so that we sweat efficiently when running down large animals and thus keep ourselves cool whilst they overheat and exhaust themselves. .
        What about wolfes and tigers?? Pretty much fur on them
        A balanced, varied diet is what most aim for - and should.
        Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post
          What about wolfes and tigers?? Pretty much fur on them
          A balanced, varied diet is what most aim for - and should.
          Wolves aren't persistence hunters, which is what I suspect Macey was referring to.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Holy balls, is this really happening? Or am I hallucinating from too little sleep?
            Unfortunately, I think it is happening. Once in a while we get a troll who drops a vegan stink bomb into the forum, and it smells for tens of pages, with the troll disappearing into the background, and others fighting over vegans, primates, caveman rape, and whatever other crap comes up from this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
              If vegans are so smart, why are they vegans?
              See. Our logic is undeniable!

Comment

did someone say caveman rape? what bout cavewoman rape

sex at dawn

the feminization of males

the masculazation of females

white is the new black

black is the new red

red is green

The keyword here is blackwhite. Like so many Newspeak words, this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary. This demands a continuous alteration of the past, made possible by the system of thought which really embraces all the rest, and which is known in Newspeak as doublethink. Doublethink is basically the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.

— Part II, Chapter IX — The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Ouch quelsen you make my head hurt. you lost me after the sex at dawn part.

Comment

I won't honor the troll with a response, other than to say the original post was truly REMARKABLE in the level of stupidity, scientific ignorance, terrible grammar/spelling, and terrible logic. Reading it was like getting hit in the head by an anvil of dumb.

Lazarus out
                    "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

You know what, reading that post convinced me to go back to being a vegan. I so miss soy cheese and chixen nuggets. I also miss the heartburn and having to shop at the plus sized shop. I also miss having no energy and falling asleep at my desk at 3pm. I mean, really what a delight to eat things like tempeh and seitan and imagine it is bacon.

Yeah fuck it. Not convinced, go home.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        Why do they all have hard boiled eggs on their lapel?

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                          You know what, reading that post convinced me to go back to being a vegan. I so miss soy cheese and chixen nuggets. I also miss the heartburn and having to shop at the plus sized shop. I also miss having no energy and falling asleep at my desk at 3pm. I mean, really what a delight to eat things like tempeh and seitan and imagine it is bacon.

Yeah fuck it. Not convinced, go home.
                          I wasn't suggesting soy cheese and chixen nuggets. For the past 6 months I have been following a low-fat (10-20%) vegan diet comprised entirely of starchy tubers, white rice, beans, lentils, properly soaked pseudo grains, fruits, vegetables and a few nuts and seeds. I never eat processed foods or soy or imagine anything is bacon. I feel really good eating this way. I believe if I were to eat a higher-fat vegan diet I would start to feel sluggish...I haven't tried that. I may try a diet similar to Bill Clinton's comprised of Fruit, Vegetables and Beans soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Leilani View Post
                            No, fruit is not available in abundance sorry. Move out of the city and try living in a village and you'll see why we eat meat, and why we need to eat meat and tubers. A fruit only diet could only be championed by arrogant westerners who only need to go into a shop to buy it. Go out into the real world and see how well you fare on a fruit only diet.
                            Human beings evolved along the Equator, not in North America. Along the Equator, fruit is plentiful all year long. What isn't plentiful is animals rich in fat. It's very logical to think the original human diet was mostly made up of fruits and leaner, smaller game since that is what was available.

If you want something that isn't human, look into green, leafy vegetables. Could you imagine ancient man expending hundreds of calories to come back with a couple heads of lettuce providing virtually no usable energy?
                            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

no but i can imagine ancient man eating members of a neighboring tribe
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

Who would eat fruit when they can eat meat?

I reckon that the meat eaters would eventually slap the s*** out of the fruit eaters and take over the genome. And here we are

Comment

Working...
                                X