Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sacha Inchi Oil: Omega 6 (36%), Omega 3 (48%)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacha Inchi Oil: Omega 6 (36%), Omega 3 (48%)

Has anyone heard about Sacha Inchi oil? It has an Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio of about 1:1.3

It is supposed to have a mild and slightly nutty flavor. I am going to give it a try as an alternative to olive oil (4:1 ratio).

Here, some info from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plukenetia_volubilis

Sounds very interesting.

So where do you buy this, the 7-Eleven?

Comment

Charles I have heard of that plant too. I am concerned by the potential absorption issues you might face though. I am not aware of the specific chemistry behind it, but apparently, compared to animal sources, you need higher doses of O-3 from plants due to absorption problems. You might be better off buying plain bottled cod liver oil.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
      "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

OnTheBayou, if you google "sacha inchi oil" and also "star seed oil" you'll find a couple of online retailers. Or maybe you can find it in Whole Foods.

Serial Sinner, you have a good point, but still, I was thinking in using it as an alternative (to olive oil) dressing for my salads while keeping my daily intake of fish oil unchanged.

Even with the absorption issues it might have, sacha inchi oil sounds like a healthier choice than any other oil from a vegetable source, because of its O-6:O-3 ratio.

Plain bottled fish oil seems like a good idea, but for me the downside is that it has a horrible taste, that is why I take gelcaps.

Comment

Sacha Inchi Oil is now available as a supplement. Contrary to what was written above the Sacha Inchi Oil will absorb into your body easier than fish oil and not need any chemicals to do so (fish oil needs chemicals to be absorbed by the human body). The Sacha Inchi Oil is available at www.semayainc.com it is also cheaper than it competitors with the fish or sea based omega supplements. This product also contains NO Cholesterol, it has Vitamin A & E and Proteins. This product contains 48 % omega 3, 36% Omega 6 and 9% Omega 9. It is the safest and best product on the market today. also you will not have to worry about contamination like you would with Fish Oil. Check it out at www.Semayainc.com.

Comment

I spy SPAM !

Last post only... anyway, we like cholesterol over here

Charles, is "star seed" the same as "starflower"?

Comment

Well NorthernMonke, thanks for saying my post is spam. I do sound like spam since i do believe in this prodcut i have been on it for over 3 month's and would not come off at this point. maybe you should give it a try may yet convince you as well. let me know if you have any supplements you believe in.

Comment

Belief is not a substitution for fact.

What do you mean by "on it?" What do you find appealing? Did it cure baldness and war?

Even at that very nice alleged omega ratio, it still won't help correct the crappy ratio of most foods. You are not only adding O3, but (call it) an equal amount of O6. Does it help? Sure.

I have no supplements I believe in. I know certain vitamins and fish oil of mine do certain things, scientifically proven.

Comment

I think I would still stick with olive oil. This oil appears to be 93% PUFA. I think you would be better off with Olive Oil at only 11% PUFA even if the OO O6/O3 is worse.

But it is well established that I have a fear of PUFA.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Additionally, I see no supplement benefit from this since it balanced O6:O3.

Comment

Well I know that this product helps me in more ways than any other supplement or product i have taken before. The poblem we face today is that most supplements do not contain what they say on the lable and what people preach about. I know not only by my own account but many other people that this product works. I have co workers who have taken it and one of my co workers droped his cholesterol dramatically and likes the energy he gets from it. The other her Neuropathy has gone away where there is no medicine available only experimental drugs to try to control this peoblem. There have been many study's that show that if you get more Omega 3's it is good for you no matter what you at least get better chariovescular health i know that Olive oil does not do that for you.

Oh and just to clearify a few things.

1 for OnTheBayou by "on it" that means in english I am taking this supplement. and no it does not cure bald ness you need hair implants for that if that is your deficency. and war well we all know why we went there. That being neither here nor there. This product actually does and has what it says. The fish oil and vitamins you take, keep taking them they probaply help you. i was just trying to share something with everyone that actually cares or wants to look at something amazing.

And Sir Grandma is very ignorant to facts. you may want to spend some time speaking to your dr if you have one. you need education if you don't want to have health problems.

Comment

Just had to say "wow".

Comment

I fear you do not understand things like the placebo effect, or believing that proximity in time equals causation, or especially, self-diagnosis of results is to, to put it mildly, extremely subjective.

There is no doubt that increased Omega 3 is very beneficial, but why this source would be better than fish oil (which does not have almost equal O6's) is not apparent to me.

I just ask for good research, not "belief." I can get that at any church.

Comment

Semaya01, please peddle your snake oil somewhere else. In fact snake oil would be preferable to your stuff. Snake oil is 20% EPA, (the kind of Omega 3 that can actually be used by the body directly, rather than ALA that can't) 58% saturated fat (we like that here), 14% MUFA (we like that too) and 7% Omega 6. Taking a supplement made from snake oil would actually have some benefit to the N3/N6 ratio in your diet. Rather than simply be neutral like your stuff. But thank you for your concern for my well being. I hope your account is delete by an admin soon. See ya.

Comment

Semaya, I see on your web site that your oil can be used as a Cocking oil. That is in a interesting use, please tell us more about that!

Comment

Working...
                              X