Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feels like I'm starving! (obviously not though)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewbiePrimal View Post
    Snack/Lunch was several celery sticks with generous amounts of almond butter
    You're hungry but only eat this for lunch?
    Eat on top of that 2 or 3 boiled eggs - still hungry? eat more eggs and maybe meat/fish

I found I started naturally/intentionally over-eating ( especially protien /fats) then would back it off weeks later as my appetite naturally decreased.

Comment

Feed your body lots of nutritious foods and it will stop "asking" for non-nutritious foods. It may take a while for it to "believe" that you're going to continue truly feeding it what it needs. For now, give yourself permission to eat as much whole, nutrient-dense foods as it takes for you not to feel deprived, and see if the appetite normalizes over the next several weeks.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by NewbiePrimal View Post
        I'm eating a fair amount. For example, today breakfast was some porkshoulder, broccoli and carrots. Snack/Lunch was several celery sticks with generous amounts of almond butter, supper was pork shoulder(gave myself a large amount) sweet potatoe, and carrots. I've been eating about like that, but for the most part have been gorging on meat. (I will put half a plate of meat down) Ironically, before this diet I would eat smaller pieces of meat and larger amounts of veggies/other carbs.
        Celery is not a meal. It's barely food IMO. If you're hungry at lunch time, eat a meal with plenty of fat.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Ha! Barely a food indeed... it can be a food carrier, or perhaps medicinal, but celery as a food is for rabbits (or some vegetarian animal... I don't really know if rabbits can eat celery).

Comment

I feel must speak up in defence of celery, and no-its not a meal, but I love it, that delicious crunchy saltiness. Admittedly i slather mine with pate or fish and so on. Its even got that wonderful shape that makes it ideal to fill with good stuff.
            When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
            27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
            new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
              I feel must speak up in defence of celery, and no-its not a meal, but I love it, that delicious crunchy saltiness. Admittedly i slather mine with pate or fish and so on. Its even got that wonderful shape that makes it ideal to fill with good stuff.
              I agree, it's freakin' delicious.
              My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

well... I do love the celery, but maybe it was not very filling.. I did that because I usually end up eating lunch only a few hours before supper so it is kind of a combo.. and I would add a few craisins to the celery, so maybe that was adding too much sugar..It was so good though.. I tried the extra fat advice (using more olive oil or adding butter to my potato or eating a little more bacon) Is that what you meant? I think that has helped improve my hunger . Of course I especially loved the word "hangry" Lol

Comment

Working...
                X