Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other source of carbs other than rice/potatoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    Has Mark sold more books than Loren Cordain?
    That's a disingenuous arguement to make since the Primal Blueprint was first published in, when, 2009?

If you're going to say who is more popular then Mark definitely seems to have a more popular website than Loren.

My understanding of what MouthDR was saying was that he thought that 'primal' would be more appealing to the general public than 'paleo'. And since it's less restrictive that seems entirely reasonable to me.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 07-09-2013, 08:11 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
      That's a disingenuous arguement to make since the Primal Blueprint was first published in, when, 2009?

If you're going to say who is more populate then Mark definitely seems to have a more popular website than Loren.

My understanding of what MouthDR was saying was that he thought that 'primal' would be more appealing to the general public than 'paleo'. And since it's less restrictive that seems entirely reasonable to me.
      Cordain has been selling books for a lot of years.

We all have our definitions. Has Mark sold more books than all writers who consider themselves "Paleo" combined? Has he had more best sellers? What is success? Does having a busy website with an active forum constitute "success", even if it's probably a wash or even a loss as far as profitability is concerned?

I do not interpret MouthDR's post as you did. He is saying that Mark sold out in order to sell more books than any true Paleo author could or would. That there is one fixed definition of Paleo, which is TRUTH, which we are aware of but ignore in order to eat what we want to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        I do not interpret MouthDR's post as you did. He is saying that Mark sold out in order to sell more books than any true Paleo author could or would. That there is one fixed definition of Paleo, which is TRUTH, which we are aware of but ignore in order to eat what we want to eat.
        I've gone back and re-read his posts, and I can see how you would get that.

Seems pretty silly to me to think that there's 'one right paleo'.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
          Thank you, that was exactly my point. By being less restictive, it isn't as daunting to someone coming from an otherwise very loose, bad diet.

Guys, and gals, I'm sorry to have stirred shit up. I know that both camps are well entrenched. I get it. But like most things in life, I go whole hog and have a hard time understanding people that do things 80% or whatever is recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfi56 View Post
            I eat pretty low carb (25%), but I'm thinking I should eat more carbs on days after my workouts, because I'm trying to gain weight. However, I actually don't like the "paleo-friendly" tubers or rice (I dont like potatoes gasp I know). I figure I could eat fruit or bananas, but those seem to be too high in fructose. What other carbs can I eat that's not wheat?
            I know a guy who eats two slices of wheat bread a day and besides that he is 100% Paleo. Strongest guy I've ever met. The exercise he does helps with that I'm sure. Two slices of wheat bread a day is something I do now as well and I have had no problems.

Comment

I stick to natural sources of carbs which basically means roots and fruits, nothing else in the way of carbs. I try to stay low carb when i am less active but always eat more when I'm active. I am a big fan of bananas but try to vary it as much as possible, so potatoes, sweet potatoes, a wide range of fruit, but yet berries do seems to be lower GI for some reason.
              Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Working...
              X