No announcement yet.

Fat, Protein and Hormones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could never figure out my response to fermented dairy (I am intolerant of straight dairy), but after reading that that's what they feed to rats in the lab to cause cataracts & because we can't obtain raw dairy here, I decided to stop eating Greek Yogurt. I am not big on cottage cheese, used to make quark from my own kefir (love the acidity, cottage cheese too bland for my taste). I think I would have continued doing kefir/quark IF I could obtain raw dairy (maybe one day...). I guess, I just see too much strikes against processed dairy to go for it. I'd rather eat fish/eggs.

Yea, Knox. But unexpectedly, the tea that I enjoy as a drink, made me gag when I set it into jello. I guess I expected a sweetener, but since I am not using sweeteners... very tempted though!

Really want to drop fat to just natural in animal foods & reduce them.

Good news is that my skin started clearing. Maybe my body is getting over shock of starting to eat fruit + off artificial hormones = I can manage fruit???
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Maybe it's the kind of fruit too?

I gave up the Greek yogurt too. It's too calorific and not satiating enough. Plus I think all the fat was bloating me. I'm much better with low fat dairy products, strangely.

I don't let the knox set - just drink it down! Had it in a cup of regular tea with milk and sugar before bed last night, and I slept like the dead. Best food supplement ever!
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I eat watermelons instead of apples, and like 2 bananas a day now (OMG! bananas! deadly food!). I still eat a lot of berries + rhubarb.

Greek Yogurt I buy (Liberte) is great. It is 0% fat, 18 g protein and 6 g carbs, it is very good with sea salt & no bloating (can't touch milk though without getting the preggo look). Kindda miss it.

I don't think I can drink diluted gelatin... I love set stuff. I am even eating my broths cold in the summer. It's almost like holodetz of my childhood, only without meat. I think I will just make normal jello from berries.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
        X