Whole 30 in July 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fasted yesterday, didn't sleep enough.
    ate good today, exercised a little, will sleep well tonight!!

Comment

Breaking W30 tonight with a big ol' glass of white wine because my TOM started and I'm in a truly b****y place, and it was either this or chocolate -- or ice cream. So I opted for the wine. So there. And in a bit, I'm probably going to have some raw macadamias with this wine! I HAVE NO LIMITS. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Well, yeah. Wine. Because I'm in a foul place. But I won't hate myself for it later/tomorrow, and if I had the chocolate or the ice cream (or, more likely, both), I know I'd feel terrible about it later, and would hate myself and blah blah blah. So the wine is the higher road -- and, bonus, I'm not snapping at my family. So there's that.
      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
        Breaking W30 tonight with a big ol' glass of white wine because my TOM started and I'm in a truly b****y place, and it was either this or chocolate -- or ice cream. So I opted for the wine. So there. And in a bit, I'm probably going to have some raw macadamias with this wine! I HAVE NO LIMITS. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Well, yeah. Wine. Because I'm in a foul place. But I won't hate myself for it later/tomorrow, and if I had the chocolate or the ice cream (or, more likely, both), I know I'd feel terrible about it later, and would hate myself and blah blah blah. So the wine is the higher road -- and, bonus, I'm not snapping at my family. So there's that.
        Awww! don't beat yourself up. Just see how you feel tomorrow. I am down today too for some reason, had 4 popsicles. Not bad as home made with strawberry, banana and coconut milk, but I usually only have one. If there were more in the freezer I would be in there right now. LOL.
        Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
        Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
        Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

I am also of the opinion that regret is more damaging than a misstep. Okay, I did have cheese yesterday since it was the cardo/low carb day but I am back on W30 today, since it i slifting/high carb, so I can ease in by eating a wagon-load of fruit. Just 90 min to go till first meal (always a challenge to hold the fast after lifting)!

It's gonna be sweet potato with egg whites souffle (and cinnamon)! 2 apples, grapefuit, tuna with organic mustard (no added stuff) and larabar. Probably salad and steamed haddock and a LOT of watermelon for supper (or maybe just a LOT of watermelon, lol) My folks are getting pork roasts I the into the slow cooker and the salad. I roasted a couple of beets, should be a lovely salad, but no dressing for me (low fat day, of course)
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

You know you're in a funk when, after a breakfast of 3 eggs from pasture-raised hens, 3 strips of gold-plated bacon, and diced bell pepper, onion and garlic, with black coffee and water, you have a plum 90 minutes later and then feel lousy for snacking.

Holy cats. It's **just a plum.** I should not be so hard on myself!!! **scolds self**

See, this -- THIS -- for me is how depression starts: stupid things like feeling bad because **I had a plum, oh noes** spirals into feeling lousy overall. Argh!

Okay, I refused to feel bad over a plum. Sheesh. If I'm going to feel bad, it damn well better be over something like Haagen Daz. Getting some water, then off to physical therapy. Sheesh again.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

Feel better soon! We have all been there! You won't believe the torture I put myself through for breaking fast 10 min earlier or eating a strawberry off the fruit plate on a low carb day. I actually punched myself in the face when cutting my folks fruit plate when I started to want fruit when I did VLC trying to train myself to not want fruit. I felt like such a huge failure when I did not stick to the rule.

And the difference? Only 10 lbs and no endless angst that I can't eat fat with fat and be happy + better sleep.

Comment

I think I may be over my Rainer cherry crush. Maybe. If I can't find any in the store today, I'll take that as a sign that the season has passed and it's time for me to let the crush go. Still eating a lot of fruit - plums, blueberries, raspberries, and refrigerated/frozen bananas. Today I'm scaling the fruit back to see if that helps with my cravings. I didn't even have any veggies sauteed in my eggs/bacon this morning. I'll figure this thing out yet.

So here's a question: If I'm relatively moderate/high fat for breakfast and lunch (say, bacon and eggs for breakfast, and turkey slices [with homemade mayo] and avocado slices and bacon on red-leaf lettuce for lunch), if I then do a somewhat lower fat/higher carb dinner (either chicken or beef sofrito [using olive oil] with sauteed zucchini), that's perfectly fine...right?

Comment

Yeah, that is what I did when I ate breakfast. A lot of people respond better to carby meals in the evening. A French benefit that you can eat a longer, relaxed meal in the evening that feels like you are indulging yourself (as the people like to do) if you do it carby - think veggies and fruit and some lean protein like shrimps, pick a bite, chew, chat, read, pick another bite, mmgh, good....

And, I am so glad to be back on W30, feels great. Treated myself to a swim this morning Just 45 min to go till breaking the fast. WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But low carb day

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                    Yeah, that is what I did when I ate breakfast. A lot of people respond better to carby meals in the evening. A French benefit that you can eat a longer, relaxed meal in the evening that feels like you are indulging yourself (as the people like to do) if you do it carby - think veggies and fruit and some lean protein like shrimps, pick a bite, chew, chat, read, pick another bite, mmgh, good....

And, I am so glad to be back on W30, feels great. Treated myself to a swim this morning Just 45 min to go till breaking the fast. WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But low carb day
                    Cool - thanks.

And yay, swim! I have a ways to go before I'm willing to venture out in my bathing suit.

Low-carb days can be good! Mmmm, bacon. Mmmm, avocado. Mmmm...um, coconut...?

Comment

I really don't LOVE anything high fat, apart from nuts, so yeah, I don't enjoy LC days much. I am doing leftover pork, a boiled egg with cucs and radishes + small grapefruit for lunch, a plum if life starts looking dismal. For supper, I will use broth from the pork roast with some pork meat and have tea with almond butter and cocoa nibs. Maybe will crack open the next box of creamed coconut.

Our strawberries in the garden are going strong they are just AMAZING this year. Can't wait to pick the next batch tomorrow!

Comment

Aw, man. Wish I had some decent organic local strawberries. The farmer's market batches all look questionable, and they even use a low spray/no spray approach instead of being fully organic. Humph.

Comment

Private garden is really the only option imo to do truly organic. The size of the operation will push you towards integrated crop management for some crops. Like I don't care if birds and slugs get some berries, and I pant a lot of garlic and chives between the strawberries, plus rotate them every 3 years and don't mind loss of crop/small crop every few years due to rotation/starting young plants. Have you tried growing some in containers if you do not have a garden?

With non-organic strawberries Choco recommends washing them in soapy water. I do that when my garden is not pumping them out like mad. With the 3 of us we don't grow enough to freeze (my mom does, she only grows for herself).

Comment

Can't do a garden here; too many deer. (We tried a blackberry bush once. Once.) Hadn't thought about growing them in containers; I may give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

I use a pre-fabbed "fruit and vegetable wash" on all my produce, whether organic or not. Probably would be better to use just soapy water. (And cheaper!)

Okay, so far, no snacking for me; had eggs-n-bacon for breakfast; just had a can of pink salmon with homemade mayo (liberal amount), 2 celery stalks, and a handful of walnuts for lunch. And I feel A) content - not overfull; not hungry - and B) not sleepy. Planning on grass-fed beef burgers with either avocado or homemade guacamole tonight, maybe with some raw bell peppers. (And most likely a glass of wine. Shhh.)

Comment

Aww, sorry about the deer. Garden is my sanctuary, can't live without it!

Unfortunately, I fell pray to art sweeteners Sunday night. I find the low carb days just too hard on W30. That's what conflicting priorities yield... I think I am too anxious about my weight still to commit to W30. I will give it a try again once my soul is in a better place.

Comment

How did you all do on your July Whole 30? I'm on day 12 of mine (Started August 13). Feeling very good about it. Have stayed right on track, got over some difficult bumps.

Comment

Working...
                                X