OMG! The food scandals never end! Now TB in beef. :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! The food scandals never end! Now TB in beef. :(

Cows with TB have entered human food chain: Infected meat served up in schools, hospitals and to the military | Mail Online
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

That is just gross...i guess stop eating beef will only solve the problem as of now..

Comment

Important to know your source. Buy locally.
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

so is the tb to make it healthier or to make it taste better?
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dumisanismith View Post
          That is just gross...i guess stop eating beef will only solve the problem as of now..
          AS of now, perhaps... but not a very sustainable outcome. Why not instead, all petition our farms and food agencies, to say that we want organic humainly raised pastured beef?
          SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
          “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

It was sold to be made into the slop people are served in hospitals, the military and schools. Aka: the step-up from value-brand ready-meals.
            No, it's not good. But it was never expected to be excellent, either.

As a side-note: it was the agency in charge of withdrawing infected meat from the market who then sold it on for cheap. In other words, either they discovered that the load of Bovine TB required to harm a human was lower than previously assumed (in which case they committed fraud by confiscating it in the first place), or they were gambling with human health (and possibly lives). Either way, a criminal offense.
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
            I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
              It was sold to be made into the slop people are served in hospitals, the military and schools. Aka: the step-up from value-brand ready-meals.
              No, it's not good. But it was never expected to be excellent, either.

As a side-note: it was the agency in charge of withdrawing infected meat from the market who then sold it on for cheap. In other words, either they discovered that the load of Bovine TB required to harm a human was lower than previously assumed (in which case they committed fraud by confiscating it in the first place), or they were gambling with human health (and possibly lives). Either way, a criminal offense.
              hmm, i'd prefer they remove it from general consumption and make a mistake about the TB than not. It's hardly fraud, it's being conservative and better safe than sorry, if they can offset costs by selling on safe meat then all for the better.
              If it is truly still harmful then it is a very shameful situation indeed.
              Last edited by Greenbeast; 07-01-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                so is the tb to make it healthier or to make it taste better?
                *snicka, snicka*
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Ha, I love the photo of the badger and cow having a staring contest.

Comment

Its not like our military, children and the hospitals need quality food or anything... Our government is so ass backwards.
                    Last edited by Zach; 07-01-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

TB...... it's whats for dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbeast View Post
                        hmm, i'd prefer they remove it from general consumption and make a mistake about the TB than not. It's hardly fraud, it's being conservative and better safe than sorry, if they can offset costs by selling on safe meat then all for the better.
                        If it is truly still harmful then it is a very shameful situation indeed.
                        You misunderstood: they took it away from the rightful owners, unpaid, under the premise that it's unfit for human consumption. If it is unfit for human consumption, they should have disposed of it. But they confiscated it and then resold it for human consumption. If they lied, they are fraudulently conning companies out of their livestock (and therefore out of their wages) for personal profit.
                        It's like working at a charity shop and underpricing a valuable donation so you can buy it for yourself and sell it for a huge profit.
                        --
                        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                        I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

You misunderstood: they took it away from the rightful owners, unpaid, under the premise that it's unfit for human consumption. If it is unfit for human consumption, they should have disposed of it. But they confiscated it and then resold it for human consumption. If they lied, they are fraudulently conning companies out of their livestock (and therefore out of their wages) for personal profit.
                          It's like working at a charity shop and underpricing a valuable donation so you can buy it for yourself and sell it for a huge profit.
                          What you say happened doesn't seem to match up with the linked article.

Herds are checked for bovine TB every one to four years. Any infected cattle are slaughtered, and the Government pay farmers up to £1,700 per animal in compensation.

Comment

hmm, if a cow tested positive and they took the herd but the majority were fine and healthy, then what would be the best thing to do?
                            I'm not saying always trust government agencies but also don't take everything from newspaper without a pinch of salt

Comment

"The symptoms are similar to the more common ‘human’ form, which causes... loss of appetite and weight loss."

Mmmm that doesn't sound that bad

Comment

Working...
                              X