No announcement yet.

Increased effects of alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guys lost weight on paleo? Could it simply be a result of lower body mass?

And another thought: I think I remember reading that a lot of foods naturally ferment into a small amount of alcohol during digestion. Perhaps grains are a major source? If so, cutting them out would reduce your exposure and eventually tolerance? Just an idea...
    Last edited by Mutton; 07-06-2013, 02:14 AM.

Comment

In periods where I have been VLC I'll get intoxicated more quickly and get killer hangovers from just a few drinks (2-3).
      When I eat more carbs, I can tolerate more alcohol, and I generally don't get hangovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutton View Post
        Have you guys lost weight on paleo? Could it simply be a result of lower body mass?

And another thought: I think I remember reading that a lot of foods naturally ferment into a small amount of alcohol during digestion. Perhaps grains are a major source? If so, cutting them out would reduce your exposure and eventually tolerance? Just an idea...
        There is some evidence that people with NASH got it exactly because their gut bacteria creates more alcohol than people who don't get NASH*.... So NASH is more non-oral than non-alcohol. My guess is that clearing out the grains and carbs does lower the bacteria created alcohol... But my guess is that this is why I get sober faster.

*And some other biological susceptibility- people tend to think alcoholism = liver disease but it doesn't, about 1/8 of alcoholics get liver disease, same ratio as people with other risk factors like obesity.
        In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
        Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Noticed this as well. I'm a significantly cheaper date since going primal.

Comment

Working...
          X