Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My metabolism.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My metabolism.

    I've eaten nineteen meals in nineteen days. One meal every 24 hours, fully primal, not a carb in sight excluding spinach, onion and carrots. Im not hungry and I'm not denying myself.

    I've lost 20 lbs in total including the calories saved from very heavy drinking. I had a lot to lose and some yet to lose. I'm very happy with this, BUT,

    Does anyone think if I ate a breakfast of a couple of hard boiled eggs that it would help speed up my metabolism? I don't want to be greedy with my weight loss and over do it but I need this weight off quickly as possible in the short term.

    I'm not doing much exercising at the moment because of gout, but will be cycling and walking as soon as possible.

    So, does the metabolism respond to more frequent meals or is it a myth?

    Thanks for reading.



    FTM
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

  • #2
    I doubt eating a couple of eggs for breakfast would have an effect on your metabolism. Recommendations we often hear about the number of meals we should eat and meal timing are based on data gathered from a large number of individuals. Individual variation may well be larger than the effect they think they found.

    If you want breakfast, eat breakfast. You don't need an excuse.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      I doubt eating a couple of eggs for breakfast would have an effect on your metabolism. Recommendations we often hear about the number of meals we should eat and meal timing are based on data gathered from a large number of individuals. Individual variation may well be larger than the effect they think they found.

      If you want breakfast, eat breakfast. You don't need an excuse.

      I don't want breakfast, I want my belly to go as soon as possible. If that means eating on a morning I'm sure I could force down a couple of eggs.

      Thanks.
      FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

      Comment


      • #4
        If eating 2 eggs for breakfast led to fast weight loss, everybody would do it and nobody'd be fat. You just have to work out what works for you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Carbs may speed up your metabolism - going VLC for a long period can slow down some.

          Breakfast is unlikely to make a difference.

          BTW, what is the hurry? Long term health is more important than short term weight
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

          Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            If eating 2 eggs for breakfast led to fast weight loss, everybody would do it and nobody'd be fat. You just have to work out what works for you.

            My point is would the metabolism respond better to an evening meal being active earlier to a smaller snack?
            I understand working out the best course of action for me, but others might have experimented with this and could offer their knowledge.

            Thanks katherine
            FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

            Comment


            • #7
              I would suggest introducing a carb refeed once per week or once every two weeks. Being VLC for a long period of time can definitely cause your metabolism to slow and fat loss to stall.
              My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by peril View Post
                Carbs may speed up your metabolism - going VLC for a long period can slow down some.

                Breakfast is unlikely to make a difference.

                BTW, what is the hurry? Long term health is more important than short term weight
                Very true, I'm in this for the long term.
                However, I've got 4-5 weeks to make a short term transformation.

                Interesting about the carbs, what would you suggest?

                Thank you.
                FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                  I would suggest introducing a carb refeed once per week or once every two weeks. Being VLC for a long period of time can definitely cause your metabolism to slow and fat loss to stall.
                  Do you mean one day a week on carbs?
                  Thanks.
                  FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                    Do you mean one day a week on carbs?
                    Thanks.
                    Depends. For some people, once per week is enough. Some people need less, some people need more than once per week. It depends, you just have to experiment with how you feel and look. If you do a refeed and you look like you retained a ton of water the next morning, cut back a bit, so on and so forth.
                    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                      Depends. For some people, once per week is enough. Some people need less, some people need more than once per week. It depends, you just have to experiment with how you feel and look. If you do a refeed and you look like you retained a ton of water the next morning, cut back a bit, so on and so forth.

                      Ok, that sounds quite feasible. I could do a bit of mashed potato or maybe rice. But bread and pasta is out.
                      I'll try it, thanks.
                      FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I believe Mark has some guidelines for refeeds as well if you want to dig around a bit.
                        My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                          I believe Mark has some guidelines for refeeds as well if you want to dig around a bit.
                          Will do, I'm already having a mooch around in the recipe section for ideas.

                          Cheers.
                          FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would say yes. Eat a couple of eggs for breakfast once or twice a week. This is to give your metabolism a different challenge.



                            Sent from my iPhone
                            A little primal gem - My Success Story
                            Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
                              I would say yes. Eat a couple of eggs for breakfast once or twice a week. This is to give your metabolism a different challenge.



                              Sent from my iPhone
                              Great stuff, nice one.
                              Cheers.
                              FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X