Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found some Lindt Dark Chocolate at grocery store...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found some Lindt Dark Chocolate at grocery store...

Never seen Publix carry this before, but I found three or four different brands of dark chocolate. I ended up going with the Lindt because it was highest % cocao with least sugar/carbs.

85% cacao with only 5g sugar / 5 carbs in nearly half the bar. It's delicious as well.

What percent do you find acceptable?

I believe Lindt 85% does not have Soy Lecithin either.

I like 85% and above. Pralus 100% is the best I've eaten.

Comment

the lindt 85% is really good. I, however, prefer the lindt 90%. Pretty tasty stuff.

+1 for Pralus 100% as well! I'm going to have to order a bar or two before they stop shipping them during the summer months!
      I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

My favourite is Lindt 80% in the US and Sainsburys Taste the Difference 85% in the UK. I find anything over 70% acceptable to be honest, and that way I have got some great flavours in Europe - pistachio, orange and pear being top picks!

Lxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Lekki View Post
          My favourite is Lindt 80% in the US and Sainsburys Taste the Difference 85% in the UK. I find anything over 70% acceptable to be honest, and that way I have got some great flavours in Europe - pistachio, orange and pear being top picks!

Lxxx
          I know, they've got the best flavours in Europe! I had a wonderful Lindt blueberry and almond one, and I've recently bought a Spanish bar with 70% chocolate and banana....... soooo good.

That being said, I am partial to the Lindt fleur de sel - amazing!! - but I think it's only about 60%. :-(

Comment

I've seen the Lindt 85% carried at Safeway, but that's too little sugar to even bother. Anything above 70% is too bitter and I relegate the sweeter chocolates to occasional indulgences. For everyday, I buy a bar of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao baking chocolate, it's quite good with a bit of heavy cream, and have 1-2 squares.

There's no point in bothering with the antioxidant/flavonols in chocolate if you don't get a continuous stream of them, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrudle View Post
              I've seen the Lindt 85% carried at Safeway, but that's too little sugar to even bother. Anything above 70% is too bitter and I relegate the sweeter chocolates to occasional indulgences. For everyday, I buy a bar of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao baking chocolate, it's quite good with a bit of heavy cream, and have 1-2 squares.
              Funny how our taste buds differ. After a couple months on PB, even 85-90% dark chocolate (Lindt 90%, Ghirardelli 86%, and B&G 85%) tastes quite sweet to me. I tasted some regular milk chocolate around Easter, and it was sickeningly sweet to the point that I really didn't enjoy it.

Ghirardelli 100% is pretty bitter, but I still enjoy eating a couple squares plain from time to time.

There's no point in bothering with the antioxidant/flavonols in chocolate if you don't get a continuous stream of them, IMHO.
              A continuous stream of dark chocolate...sounds good to me! But why do you think a continuous stream is needed to reap the antioxidant benefits?

Comment

When I want rich and dark- Scharffen Berger 99%. It's made only with cocoa and vanilla bean. Nothing else added.

When I want dark and a little sweet- Green & Black's 85%

Comment

I like trader joe's belgian dark chocolates.
                  My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

FOR THE WIN!

Comment

I can't find that anywhere in town anymore Tried it once when I wasn't into dark chocolate and couldn't fully appreciate it for what it was.
                      I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I second the Trader Joes 72% Belgian Dark chocolate. Funny thing before going Primal a Hershey's Special Dark was as Dark as I could stand.
                        Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

The first really dark chocolate I tried was Meiji's 99% bar in Japan. It taught me that to enjoy dark chocolate, you can't just scarf it; you have to let it melt on your tongue and treat it more like a Werther's Original. Once you learn how to do that, even 100% bars aren't that bitter. You taste rich creaminess. So now like a lot of other people, I find that anything below 85% is too sweet. And I would reserve 85% for special occasions, on top of that.
                          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Jermicide just showed a picture of my favorite!

Lindt 99%, and I love the ingredient list. "Cocoa"

I'll take a couple of tablets with me when I go geek out in Paris at an all night LAN party. For some reason not many people ask to have some...
                            Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lekki View Post

Lxxx
                              I wish we'd get the European flavors here. A friend sent me Lindt from Germany once, it was coriander and cinnamon flavor, very different and really tasty.

I used to like Trader Joe's 72% but I find it way too sweet now, but it's good nevertheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X