Most paleo soft drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most paleo soft drink?

I like water, but struggle to drink it regularly throughout the day without some sort of flavouring, usually cordial.

Any recommendations? Coke Zero, cordial, squeeze of orange?

Add a slice of cucumber to your water.

Comment

sparkling water with a lime.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Kombucha

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Soda/mineral water with lime or lemon

Comment

Seconding both the Kombucha and sparkling water with (fresh) citrus. Coke Zero would probably be one of the worst choices because of the aspartame, so I'd completely avoid that, other diet drinks, and sugary flavorings.

Also, you don't have to be drinking water absolutely constantly if you're not thirsty. Not saying to not drink water, but don't drive yourself crazy trying to drink insane amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by summerbreeze View Post
              Also, you don't have to be drinking water absolutely constantly if you're not thirsty. Not saying to not drink water, but don't drive yourself crazy trying to drink insane amounts.
              I couldn't agree with this more. There's no reason to force yourself to drink water you don't want. You wouldn't force yourself to eat. Don't give yourself a giant jug goal every day or you'll just dread every swallow. Drink when you're thirsty, during and after working out, and with meals, and see how you feel, and tweak it.
              be the hair that knots with my hair
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by summerbreeze View Post
                Seconding both the Kombucha and sparkling water with (fresh) citrus. Coke Zero would probably be one of the worst choices because of the aspartame, so I'd completely avoid that, other diet drinks, and sugary flavorings.

I'm constantly refilling my bottle in the office with cordial, so was presuming I would be drinking the same amounts in water. I think I drink mostly out of boredom, but maybe I'll just find a level with drinking it plain - today is my paleo day 1

Comment

Always ordering club soda with lime, its like a little treat whenever I go out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

southern comfort

Comment

Ah, I know what you mean about the boredom! I was doing the same thing with constant refilling of coffee. Now I just try to go for a walk instead, although I have a flexible workplace.

Those little habits associated with food are often harder to change than the foods themselves. It's definitely good to be aware of them and try to break out of them if they're not supporting your goals.

Comment

Bring your own big jug of water with lime/lemon and cucumber to empty/enjoy at work. I can only drink R/O water now; regular tap water tastes horrible to me. I live in the land of water softeners.

I fill a 20 oz bottle with 2/3 r/o water and 1/3 unsweetened kombucha for work. I drink a lot of water at home so that is enough for me during my shift.

I think it is best to just learn to like plain water. No need to force yourself to drink 'insane' amounts, but I think force yourself to drink it plain is wise. Aside from my daily big mug of Crio Bru for breakfast, water is all I drink.

NO SODA. Might as well drink sugar soda if you are going to drink it. Buy Izze or some other fruit juice sweetened stuff if you have to, or drink flavored carbonated water if it is the bubbles that get you. Wean yourself off of it entirely and save some big bucks.
                        sigpic
                        Age 48
                        Start date: 7-5-12
                        5'3"
                        121lbs
                        GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                        Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Originally posted by redcard View Post
                          I like water, but struggle to drink it regularly throughout the day without some sort of flavouring, usually cordial.

Any recommendations? Coke Zero, cordial, squeeze of orange?
                          Water kefir is my pop replacement. I have blueberry kefir in the fridge and it is not sweet but has fizziness and a deep blueberry flavour.

Comment

I make a 2qt pot of herbal tea and put it in the fridge to drink iced all day long. I'll bring a 32oz bottle with me to work, and if I go through all that I'll drink water the rest of the day.

Comment

Mexican coke. All these other drinks pale in comparison to the taste, except coke + southern comfort. Especially cucumber water, wtf?
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X