Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brand new

    Hey everyone!! I'm brand new to this and could use some help (mostly moral support to stay away from the ice cream and bread ). I'm the mother of a 15 month old baby, and the wife of a man who will NEVER go primal (believe me, I've begged so I wouldn't be doing this alone). I've decided it's time to get my body back. I'm 5'8" and weigh 155. I'd like to be 130. 25 lbs is my final goal, but I'd be happy with a 20 lb loss. I have fairly decent muscle tone considering I had a baby a year ago, and haven't done but maybe two crunches since, but I'd like to get rid of the fluff on top of the muscle. We already eat organic and grow our own veggies and blueberries. I'm terrified of GMOs, lol (side note: Watch Genetic Roulette if you get a chance). I guess I should also add that I'm still breastfeeding and am a firm believer in baby-led weaning. I'm sure this will play a role in how easily my body releases fat. Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be really appreciated. I've attached a "me now" picture. Hopefully revealing "me now" to the world will be enough inspiration to change it!! Thanks in advance for advice, recipes, explanation of percentages, and support! Blessings!!



    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1372442960.894554.jpg

  • #2
    " somehow replaced any quotation mark I typed there, so just substitute " " for " thanks!

    Comment


    • #3
      There are a lot of directions we could point you. What specifically are you looking for? Support?
      Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

      Comment


      • #4
        Dragonfly has a lot of info for this area...

        Home - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

        If you haven't read Mark's book start there. When breast feeding don't be restrictive. Just eat to satiated from a variety of non-toxic foods. Eating a nutrient dense primal diet will be a GREAT start for you and your baby!

        Good Luck!

        Comment


        • #5
          Mostly I don't understand the percentages of what to eat at each meal. Also, is agave ok?

          Comment


          • #6
            You might want to look at a website that tracks your intake %. I use MyFitnessPal but I'm not getting a pie chart like before, but it does tell me what my %'s are for the day or to meal plan.

            GL
            55 yr old male


            07/01/2013

            Weight; 199
            Chest; 41.5
            Waist; 42
            Hips; 40
            Thigh; 22.5
            Calf; 15
            Bicep: 13
            Forearm; 11.5
            Neck; 17

            07/20/2013

            Weight; 200
            Chest; 42
            Waist; 42.5
            Hips; 39
            Thigh; 23
            Calf; 15
            Bicep: 13
            Forearm; 11.5
            Neck; 16

            Comment


            • #7
              Looking at your picture and your numbers, you'd do better to set a bodyfat percentage goal instead of a strict weight goal. The scale lies, and 155 pounds at 5'8" can be a very healthy weight for an active woman.

              Comment


              • #8
                You look amazing by the way ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  The first few weeks are the hardest to cut out the bread and ice cream trust me I know. I had to cheat twice and the last time I did not feel good the next day and I have not touched bread or anything with sugar since.

                  My rule is if I am cooking you eat what I cook and if you don't like it then you can cook for yourself. My wife still eats some grains occasionally.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ez2cy, thanks. I'll look into that. I'm really bad about food journals, so maybe the desire to see percentages will help me remember to log what I eat.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
                      Looking at your picture and your numbers, you'd do better to set a bodyfat percentage goal instead of a strict weight goal. The scale lies, and 155 pounds at 5'8" can be a very healthy weight for an active woman.
                      I just know there is a fair amount of fluff on top of muscle that wasn't there before having a baby. I'd like to just melt that away and maintain the tone I have. Maybe I should invest in a scale that tells me my body fat.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Allenete View Post
                        You look amazing by the way ...
                        Thanks but there is plenty of work to do!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NativeHoodrat View Post
                          The first few weeks are the hardest to cut out the bread and ice cream trust me I know. I had to cheat twice and the last time I did not feel good the next day and I have not touched bread or anything with sugar since.

                          My rule is if I am cooking you eat what I cook and if you don't like it then you can cook for yourself. My wife still eats some grains occasionally.
                          No lie. I had ice cream last night. :/ shame. Lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You don't need a food journal or need to worry about food percentages. Just EAT WHOLE FOODS with healthy oils, and if you think something isn't allowed, then don't eat it.

                            Meal = Meat + Veggies + Healthy Oil to cook with (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil) + Spices + a Sweet Potato (if you had a workout day)

                            Eat more big meals and snack less to slow down on munching calorically-dense foods.

                            That's it! Here's a great resource as well: The Paleo Starter Kit, Part II: “The Paleo Scramble”, A Basic Technique For Real-World Cooking - GNOLLS.ORG
                            Primal since September, 2011
                            LeanGains IF
                            -----
                            Conquer your own world and become the leader of your own life
                            Inner Gladiator

                            How To Never Get Sick (And Add 72,000 Hours To Your Life)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by feren6 View Post
                              You don't need a food journal or need to worry about food percentages. Just EAT WHOLE FOODS with healthy oils, and if you think something isn't allowed, then don't eat it.

                              Meal = Meat + Veggies + Healthy Oil to cook with (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil) + Spices + a Sweet Potato (if you had a workout day)

                              Eat more big meals and snack less to slow down on munching calorically-dense foods.

                              That's it! Here's a great resource as well: The Paleo Starter Kit, Part II: “The Paleo Scramble”, A Basic Technique For Real-World Cooking - GNOLLS.ORG
                              Thanks! I already use coconut oil for EVERYTHING, so this can't be that hard, right? (Crickets chirp)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X