Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone help with sirloin steak (topside)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone help with sirloin steak (topside)

Hi,

last night for dinner I cooked up 8oz (raw weight) of sirloin steak, topside, no fat around the edge, and it looked pretty lean,. My nutrition tracker is giving me 25g of fat... does that sound right to y'all?

Any help appreciated...

Lxxx

prime? choice? select? unlabeled?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

That does sound like kind of a lot if there was no visible fat around the edge... nutritiondata.com has a bazillion entries for top sirloin, but this one says "separable lean only" so maybe it's closer to what you ate: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/beef-products/7463/2 That would only have about 10g of fat for 8oz.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

who cares... how many carbs did it have?

Comment

That sounds high to me, but I have to second Arthurb999's lack of concern.

To address Naiadknight, if it's grass-fed, chances are that it's Grade A. Choice and Prime have to do with the marbling, and it's tough to get beef that fatty when it's eating its natural diet.

Comment

Hmmm... it did not have the grade on it. Just said 'topside'. To be honest, I did not know there were grades! Nor did I buy it, so not grass fed.

It was delicious though

Lxxx

Comment

Mayness - thanks for the link. I guess we just never quite know with these things, unless the product has its own label.

Lxxx

Comment

Working...
              X