No announcement yet.

Diabetes prevalence by country

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy is something I don't understand. They live on pasta and pizza and bread. They eat it for supper every night.

Pasta is made from a "better" type of wheat, but still. (Can't remember how its called)

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
      Maybe, but I am not sure wether there is a HUGE fat consumtion in Icland or in the rest of Scandinavia though? Those countries are known to eat lots of bread/carbs and relative little fatty food, but maybe I am wrong here...
      the Norwegians I lived with for 6 months didn't eat a vast amount of bread, breakfast for example was always meats, eggs and rye bread, dinner was fish including cod, salmon and herrings, seafood including whale or seal or meat including beef, deer,reindeer with vegetables and sometimes bread, very rarely pasta or rice but they did like their puddings; fruit dumplings frequently. Sweden was similar and Finland was a lot of meat and fish.
      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
      new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Untypical Norwegians you have meet then! When I stayed in Scandinavia it was bread for breakfast, bread for lunch, a warm meal for dinner and even a last bread meal at night! In England it was warm meaty food for the three first meals and bread and soup for the last! Yes, I can tell for sure that the Scandinavian people are bread eaters more than anywhere else I have been. And I also stayed for some time in Iceland and no much difference from the other Nordic countries…
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

lol gorbag

I'm pretty sure if CarbDodger having lived in a place for 6 months has got a fair perception of the culture. Only you could argue that someones first hand experience must be atypical.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            lol gorbag

I'm pretty sure if CarbDodger having lived in a place for 6 months has got a fair perception of the culture. Only you could argue that someones first hand experience must be atypical.
            Well, I stayed and worked for years there, also learned the language, so I am pretty sure that CarbDogders experience is atypical. Things may have changed a little during the last years, since I stayed there in the eighties. But I am pretty convinced that the staple food in those countries is still bread and carbs and relative low fat...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I was just checking a map with macro breakdown, but frankly it doesn't help decifer the source of macros (i.e. bread vs fruit).

Plus who knows how legit it is, but there you go if anyone wants a look Dietary Macronutrient Composition per capita

And the eighties!!! Damn your old but yeah, I'm sure there is regional variance so maybe you can both be correct rather than saying that ones experience must be atypical.

Of course the whole world is becoming westernized and totalitarian agriculture ruled, so its no surprise that this map shows very little differences (except caloric load).
              Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-28-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I was just checking a map with macro breakdown, but frankly it doesn't help decifer the source of macros (i.e. bread vs fruit).

Plus who knows how legit it is, but there you go if anyone wants a look Dietary Macronutrient Composition per capita

And the eighties!!! Damn your old but yeah, I'm sure there is regional variance so maybe you can both be correct rather than saying that ones experience must be atypical.

Of course the whole world is becoming westernized and totalitarian agriculture ruled, so its no surprise that this map shows very little differences (except caloric load).
                Except the N=1 experience of CarbDodger and Gorbag; Scandinavians are famous world vide as notorious bread eaters! It’s a bit like the Japanese and rice, things may have changed dietary in Japan over the last years, but I am pretty sure that rice is still a staple food there…

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Interesting link.
                  Among the developed nations I was surprised both by how similar the macrats are, and how the differences don't seem to predict much healthwise. I wonder if the energy excess is being driven by a combination of nutrient deficiency and (possibly addictive) toxins in some nations but not others?
                  37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Vegetable oil vs seafood
                    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Aww, come on. Nobody sassed my hoopy Hitchhiker reference?
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Sorry knife! Musta missed the the reference

Comment

Working...
                        X