Do certain carbs cause depression?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Yes, I think so. I've been using the paleo diet to manage certain aspects of my depression for some time now, with good results. Paleo and yoga.
    I think if it's something that has been an issue for quite a while, and diet has helped you manage it, but not get rid of it, then I would suspect that your mood isn't diet-related. Have you ever had your hormones checked? I've suffered from depression for a long time, and recently found out I have a severe hormonal imbalance, which was leading to pretty dramatic mood swings. Hope you're not feeling too bad!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
    X