So, I just bought some sardines...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I just bought some sardines...

and I don't know what to do with them. I've never eaten a sardine or even looked at one before. I think I'm even a little scared to open them. I was happily buying my wild caught salmon, and there on the shelf next to them were sardines. Many people here have mentioned that they are a great food, so hey, I might as well try them, right? Okay, so they are wild caught sardines packed in olive oil. Do I dump them on a salad and eat them up? What else can I do with them?

I eat them plain out of the can and savor every layer of flavor.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Put them on a salad if you want, stuff them inside an awesome omelette, sauté them really quickly with some veggies for a quick hit, or just eat them plain.

Use your imagination!
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Hot sauce is an amazing addition if you eat nightshades.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I love them so much. I order from vital choice and they are delish.
          Hot sauce adds loads of flavor, also chop up a homegrown tomato,
          add a bit of homemade mayo, sweet onion, cuke slices, all on lettuce,
          soooo tasty and healthy.

Comment

Mash them into a paste and spread them onto thin slices of cucumber.
            FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

I'm sure they're great, I just can't get myself to eat them for some reason...
              My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

Originally posted by pollo_la View Post
                and I don't know what to do with them. I've never eaten a sardine or even looked at one before. I think I'm even a little scared to open them. I was happily buying my wild caught salmon, and there on the shelf next to them were sardines. Many people here have mentioned that they are a great food, so hey, I might as well try them, right? Okay, so they are wild caught sardines packed in olive oil. Do I dump them on a salad and eat them up? What else can I do with them?
                Straight out of the can with sriracha sauce on top!!! Set the scene, light some candles and celebrate the moment because you're about to eat the most nutritious food you've ever had
                "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Put them on a plate and squeeze the juice from half a lemon on top. They really are less "fishy" than they smell or give the appearance of. I like the "Wild Planet" brand. I bet the hot sauce idea above would be very good.

Comment

I can eat canned tuna in a pinch no problem, but for some reason I can't gain the courage to peel open a can of sardines.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
                      I can eat canned tuna in a pinch no problem, but for some reason I can't gain the courage to peel open a can of sardines.
                      If you try the sardines/pilchards in tomato sauce, having drained off the sauce in a sieve the flavour has permeated the fish and is quite nice. Lovely in fact.
                      FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

I mash them up with mustard and mayo and have them on salad.

I felt a little cautious about them too, same as I did with the canned oysters--but now I actually kind of crave the oysters, despite their weird textures.

Comment

Most the time I eat them right outta the can with some sriracha. Once it a while I make sushi with them
                          http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just eat 'em. Drain the juice and rinse if you want. Hot sauce if you want. Better than tuna.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

Guess I'll be running to the store tomarrow to get some. Any particular brand for better quality?

Comment

Working...
                              X