No announcement yet.

Seven Shades of Paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a 4, PRIMAL. Works perfectly for me. But I don't trust myself enough to go outside on the 10% or 20%. Of course I do when necessary not to be rude at someone else's home, but even that can lead me astray.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

4th... Lacto-Paleo/ Primal.

I know for a fact there are many people here who fall under the two extreme ends, not that they'd admit it :P

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
        I think if you include wine I'm a 4.5. What does your .5 include?

I tried 2 to deal with autoimmune and it made me crazy. My husband say I'm much nicer as a 4.5.
        Dairy makes me a 4 and my tendency to relax my diet once in a while shifts me toward 5. I usually have 1 or 2 meals per week that aren't primal.
        The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

I am between a 2 and a 7 Mainly because having to be so strict with the autoimmune I tend to lean to adding some fun things that are ok for me.
          Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
          Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
          Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Some weeks I'm a 5. Others a 7.

Resolve and I have never been bosom buddies. But, I'm working on it. What throws me off more often than not is lack of planning. Forgot to pack a lunch? Looks like I'm eating out. And it's super easy to convince yourself that the cheeseburger and sweet potato fries are still "primal" because you didn't eat the bun. Nevermind that it was all cooked in seed oils, and the burger was coated in commercial ketchup and mayonnaise.

Like I said, I'm working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
              I think if you include wine I'm a 4.5. What does your .5 include?

I tried 2 to deal with autoimmune and it made me crazy. My husband say I'm much nicer as a 4.5.
              Ha Ha!.. .5 seems about right for wine.
              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

I'm also 3, 4, 5. Interesting article.
                "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Comment

I'm part 2 and part 4. My "autoimmune protocol" doesn't include all the things he lists, but the ones I need to avoid I avoid like the plague. And I do some dairy.

Comment

4th to 5th... with occasional fail-eo days to remind me why I'm 4th/5th....

Comment

4-5. "Weekday paleo" sounds about right. I'm generally behaving, but there's the occasional refried beans and tortillas, and I don't really worry at all about dairy. Even when I'm not perfectly paleo, I still try avoiding out and out junk food.

Comment

Fourth, plus wine & occasional spirits
                        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I'm a 4. We use butter.

Comment

Fourth.

Started at third, trying not to stray too far into fifth.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

I think I'm a 3 and a sometimes a five, because its too hard to resist anything my mother cooks on the weekends

Comment

I'm a 4 lacto-paleo (Primal) but trying to be low carb level 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X