No announcement yet.

2000-2500 calories question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you do need more protein, IMO. But 2.5 weeks is not near enough to judge your bodies response to this diet.
    Try for around 65%, 20%, 15%. You should feel full all the time and have plenty of energy after about 1 month or so. Weight loss will be a little slower than with 80% fats but you'll be healthier and be able to maintain this diet for a much longer time.

I'd say that for your height 1500 cal is plenty. In fact, later on you may want to reduce that.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Women shouldn't fast, period.

Amber at gokaleo.com has good advice for losing weight. She feels a slight calorie deficit is sufficient.

Eat meat! Cut back on the fat.
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Hopefully you've found some helpful answers here, but thought I'd put in my 2cents also! As others said- you are eating way too many calories and that too, calories from fat! You don't have to go "low fat" but the majority of your diet should be from protein, then carbs then fat. I definitely wouldn't continue to eat as many calories as you mentioned you were eating and see what happens- you'll be very unhappy when what happens is that you'll have gained a lot of weight! We don't want that for you and I'm sure you don't either

It may be tough at first, but why don't you try the intermittent fasting method for a while? It can help shrink you stomach so that you won't be able to eat as much and you'll feel full on less food! I've done this and it worked so well for me! And believe me- I love to eat! So if I can do it anyone can! There are many ways to fast- it doesn't have to be that you don't eat anything all day- you can do skipping meals, alternate day fasting, etc- check out this article for really great info on the different methods you could try: Health Divas: The Intermittent Fasting Dilemma: How Many Meals Per Day Should You Eat?

If anyone else on the forum has tried the fasting method maybe they can check out the article too and tell you which method worked for them. I personally liked the skipping dinner method- I found it really helped me reach my goals!

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
          Women shouldn't fast, period.

Amber at gokaleo.com has good advice for losing weight. She feels a slight calorie deficit is sufficient.

Eat meat! Cut back on the fat.
          Let's not go there...

I have absolutely no interest in eating more than one meal or one meal and one snack per day.
          I'd have to force myself, and then feel sick/nausea from it unless it was a smoothie...
          I actually used to do that because ALL of CW says you MUST eat!!!
          I'd really rather fast. I feel so much better doing so.

I have always naturally gravitated towards eating an evening meal.
          My entire life I have HATED breakfast and felt ill eating it.
          Coffee or tea is 'breakfast' IMO.
          A lunch is a few bites at best, a little bit of yogurt ... or none at the vast majority of the time.
          Last edited by cori93437; 06-26-2013, 09:32 PM.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Okay. You don't have to.

But everything that I've read about fasting + women = adrenal fatigue.
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Sorry.

Not a lick of fatigue.

I'm not saying anyone should ever push themselves to fast if it doesn't come naturally, but why force eating if it doesn't feel natural either?
              Silliness.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                why force eating if it doesn't feel natural either?
                How else you gonna get swole, brah?!
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Sorry.

Not a lick of fatigue.

I'm not saying anyone should ever push themselves to fast if it doesn't come naturally, but why force eating if it doesn't feel natural either?
                  Silliness.
                  I think Pklopp fairly debunked the "women shouldn't fast" idea. Not saying that every woman (or man for that matter) needs to, but the insinuation that most or even a good deal of women do poorly with it is just not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    How else you gonna get swole, brah?!
                    My bra is plenty swole already, brah.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

My bra is plenty swole already, brah.
                      I keep telling you that we won't accept your unsubstantiated claims in the absence of photographic evidence.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                        But everything that I've read about fasting + women = adrenal fatigue.
                        Adrenal fatigue doesn't exist. You can cut them out and they grow back. Your adrenals are one of the most resilient parts of your body. It's hypothyroidism. Probably from too little carbohydrate, too much PUFA, fat soluble vitamin deficiency, not enough exercise, not enough sun...or a combination of all!

Have Adrenal Fatigue? No You Don't.; The Danny Roddy Weblog
                        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

lol... I put this in the wrong thead, but basically the study they use to claim women shouldn't IF is darn flawed. Pklopp goes through it here.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d29011-23.html

Its all still N=1.

Comment

People probably shouldn't IF EVERY DAY. They also probably shouldn't NEVER IF.

Women claiming to have trouble with IF are actually just women with eating disorders if you ask me. It's the women that go on these crazy 1,200 calorie diets, run 5 miles a day, then restrict their already extremely low calorie intake to this artificial eating window, so they're literally starving 3/4 of their life. It's compounded. Men likely have less issues because they don't drop their calories as low as they're less obsessed with body image than women are. Men don't starvation diet to the level or as commonly as women do. That's a fact - people with eating disorders are overwhelmingly female. I strongly doubt a woman without an eating disorder will have issues with IF. It's like anything else - do it responsibly.

When was the last time anyone has seen a female athlete on a bulking diet during off-season have trouble with IF? It's always some girl starving herself where the only period she's seen in the past 4 years has been at the ones at the end of her sentences.
                            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Dammit Choco... we don't always agree,

But ALL of that.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X