Primal Eating for 10 weeks and severe constipation/change in bowel movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    It looks like you're eating a lot of salad. I know for me, salad is really hard to digest. I just spent two weeks travelling and ended up eating it quite a lot and let's just say I had a lot of problems..!
    kale is great, but can play havoc with my digestion, especially raw. If I haven't eaten it in a while and have too much it clogs me up for days. I found it better to eat it cooked, chopped small and in small amounts regularly increasing over time. I don't know if this just let my gut get used to the coarseness of the leaves or if it allowed the right bacteria needed to process the kale to flourish.

And make sure you get plenty of water.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

You are also eating too often, I doubt anything is getting fully digested. Try only eating one or two huge meals a day instead of grazing...
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        You are also eating too often, I doubt anything is getting fully digested. Try only eating one or two huge meals a day instead of grazing...
        I am trying to turn this into a long-term way of living life. I can't envisage myself sitting with my family/friends while they are having tea/coffee and not enjoying a cup with them. My eating window is from 8am-6pm. Therefore I fast for 14 hours each day, rather than fasting a whole 24 hours and eating the next day.

I don't want to burn myself out and then give up on this, so I don't think I'm eating too frequently or even having large meals. I just need to know if I'm eating the WRONG foods or if anyone else has been experiencing these symptoms.

Comment

I get it. But why limit tea or coffee? Those aren't food.

Yes, I was experiencing some bowel problems before I cut out the vegetables.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by berra View Post
            Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know much about fermented foods so I did a google search and came up with this:

What Is Fermented Food? - Feature - Food News

Apparently I can have long-fermented sourdough bread, dark chocolate, red wine, soy, full fat greek yoghurt and some cheeses?

This is all new info for me!
            I'd stay away from the sourdough bread. Most of that stuff isn't really fermented like it is supposed to be. Most soy products too, are not truly fermented, so know what you are getting if you go for it.

I wasn't aware that dark chocolate was at all fermented? It's fine in small amounts either way though.

Red wine is great as long as you don't overdo it.

The yoghurt and cheeses are fine if you tollerate dairy, just make sure you're getting the types of cheeses that are really known to have been given a good, long fermentation. And try to favor raw, grass-fed if you can find it.

I'm mostly talking about lacto-fermented veggies here.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Health Benefits of Fermented Foods - Wellness Mama
              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
              X