Obsessed with fruit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    Reading this entire thread is much more exciting when you know that my friend refers to her own, and other, infants and babies as "fruit". As in womb fruit.

EAT SOME FRUIT PEOPLE!!!
    It's Primal!

I imagine they might be good roasted with a side of other fruit, like baked sweet plantain.
    Mmmmm, I lurv 'fruit people' ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

This thread has taken a decidedly delicious and twisted turn.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        Nuts and seeds are lame. Eat some fruit.
        Fixed that for you.
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Just to point out also, if your only dilemma is whether you're eating too much fruit, you're probably in a pretty good place, diet-wise. There are probably other diet forums where people are saying 'no don't worry, just eat the doughnuts but make sure you go to the gym - in fact set your alarm for 5:30 am and get a couple of hours in before work' .
          Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Seeing as this thread is highly likely to attract Peatatarians like bee's to honey (bwaahahhaha, I crack me up) I'm kinda trollin
            Out of curiosity I've looked up Peatatarian. That diet reads like an MS-DOS manual form the 90's - incomprehensible. 'If you confuse them, you can control them'.
            Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Originally posted by lark42 View Post
              Hi, AKlingen

I'm just brand new at all this, so maybe not so qualified to offer my advice, but I think my experience is pretty similar to yours, so here goes.

I, too, love fruit and could eats lots of it. But, I also have a very sweet tooth!! So, in the interest of n=1, for 3+ weeks I suspended my fruit consumption in case I was substituting fructose for other sugar cravings. I wanted to re-set myself, as it were. I replaced fruit with sweet veggies, first snap peas (oops, I think they're legumes) then sweet bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes instead. Then I moved onto less sweet veggies like zucchini and mushrooms, then stronger flavoured veggies like asparagus and broccoli.

I am thrilled to report that my 'sweet tooth' must've 'fallen out' - and I've only just re-introduced fruit back into my days, but as condiments instead, and choosing in-season berries and pitted fruits. For example, my current favourite is a big leafy salad topped with veggies du jour, salmon, and 6 or so blackberries (no dressing). Those few berries add such a delightful flavour burst and satisfy me just fine.

To re-iterate what others have wisely posted, fruit isn't necessarily 'bad' for us, but veggies do pack a better nutritional punch and provide better satiety.

I've also learned that a large part of eating wisely is to enjoy what you're eating.

Good luck and have fun going primal

L.
              Bang on the money. Alot of the carb cuddlers that frequent this forum forget about this detail. If you've just landed from the SAD diet then its highly likely you have an unhealthy relationship with carbs (ie addicted). My advice is to go cold turkey for a month or so (basically until the carb flu has subsided, because you are now making your own glucose), once that is done reintroduce carbs on a cyclical and experimental basis, should be all good after that.

Ya know when I read the title of this thread I had absolutely no idea it would lead us back to the carb wars.
              Carb Wars ver. 34762945367326
              A little primal gem - My Success Story
              Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by tresa
                "Holy fuck, people. Eat fruit. It doesn't make you fat."

I beg to differ. Lots of sugar in fruit, and it stalls weight loss for some of us.

The Primal Blueprint's new edition is even updated with new information about fruit consumption because feedback from the community about it.
                Don't know...I actually overcame my weight loss plateau when I switched from "more fat" to "more fruit". No cravings, no bloating, regular bm's.

Comment

Working...
                X