Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG - I ate an apple !?!

Hey

So, it's week 3 now, and coming from Atkins, it was very odd, yet satisfying to have an apple after my steak and broccoli lunch (cooked in butter, olive oil, with cream, mushrooms and mustard!).

I've cheated before, but reading the Primal Blueprint which arrived this weekend, and changing from the strict Atkins 'diet' to a Primal way of life has been welcome, and there is no guilt!

Anyway, seems I'm not cheating!

Oh, and jeans are looser today than 3 weeks ago....

Can't wait to do more exercise now either!!

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Glad to know you enjoyed your apple!

So what are your goals, coming off Atkins?

Comment

Since when is an apple cheating?

I'm glad you're now guilt free!
      My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

lol, ok, i'll bite.

in the northern hemisphere, that apple was harvested at least 8-9 months ago. yuk.
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
          Since when is an apple cheating?

I'm glad you're now guilt free!
          Mark's Daily...

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

This person was on Atkins - apples are carbs ZOMG!!

Comment

BRTky.jpg
              Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
              https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
              MFP Food Diary:
              http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
              (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Atkins is only low carb for the first 2 weeks
                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I thought Atkins was VVLC for induction, then you added back carbs 'til you stopped losing weight. But heck, since CW recommends 60% of one's calories from carbs, I figure anyone who has the sense to pour piss out of a boot is probably considered low carb.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    I figure anyone who has the sense to pour piss out of a boot is probably considered low carb.
                    Wait, wait, wait. Do I pour it out before or after putting the boot on? One soaks into my sock and pours up my leg, where as the other makes a mess on the floor. Is cleaning it up considered chronic cardio?

OP - glad you enjoyed the apple. Eat a few more

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                      in the northern hemisphere, that apple was harvested at least 8-9 months ago. yuk.
                      The apples I buy are imported from South America so I don't think that's necessarily true.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

WOW!!

Such humour on this site

I was on Atkins, and never really ate any fruit, and if I did it was berries. If I ate anything else, I had an overwhelming sense of guilt and cheating and it would then make me think - F**k it - may as well eat a dozen donuts!!!

In answer to the question what I'm looking for with this lifestyle - it's a bit more focused on the whole aspect, and getting as 'clean' as I can. I can't afford grass fed meats or always organic items, but I'm striving for the best I can. I'm looking to add the exercise in once I've improved from an injury too, as I have a spare tyre that needs displacing!! Luckily I was already able to see results in respect to increased energy, glow, better sleep, no more arthritis, coming off prescription meds (codeine / anti inflamatories which needed an anti ulcer drug to compensate), stopping drinking, almost stopping smoking, happier - the list really does go on!!

Anyway, I'm half way through my PB book, and it's pretty awesome - can't wait to tone up!!

PG!
                        Primal - June 3rd 2013
                        Starting Weight - 150lbs
                        Current Weight - 150lbs
                        Goal Weight - 130lbs
                        (Female / 5'4")

Comment

Working...
                        X