Kale outside of the US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kale outside of the US

Not only that you can't get it in most countries, in my language, Hebrew, there isn't even a name for it.

U can get it in the uk.
    Even supermarkets stock it pre packed washed now.
    It's not in season here thou.

London

Comment

Kale is very prevelant in Europe - almost a weed - I don't think in most countries that it is eaten as a salad but as an ingredient in other dishes. Sometimes it is called Borecole.
      In Holland it is used in a dish called 'stamppot boerenkool'

Comment

just eat dark leafy greens.
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

we have several varieties. my favorite is cavolo nero.

Comment

what noodletoy said. go local
            Ones who try my curry are not ones to leave in a hurry

Comment

Originally posted by Davidil View Post
              Not only that you can't get it in most countries, in my language, Hebrew, there isn't even a name for it.
              Look under synonyms for "tastes like crap."
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I love kale chips. One of my friends is starting a kale chips business in London now. You basically season them and bake them. Super yami and super (duper) healthy.

Comment

Working...
                X